Subwoofer?
NEWS
 
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

    Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Subwoofer?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Subwoofer?

    I was wondering if the touchscreen media center has a subwoofer input? I really like my head unit but i really want a subwoofer.. has anyone seen the back of their head unit?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Sorry for the double post but I found out that id need one of these to allow me to use an amp and a Sub without need a new headunit?
    2012 200 Sport Fully Loaded

    Resonator Delete
    Flowmaster Super 10 Muffler
    Mopar CAI

    XS Power D1200 in the trunk
    XS Power D975 up front
    Singer 350amp alternator
    2 runs NVX 1/0


    Pioneer X5500BHS headunit

    Incriminator Audio 6.5 Components up front
    Rockford Fosgate Power 6x9s rear deck
    2 12in PSI Loaded Platform 1 subs

    SoundQuebed Q 2200 @ 0.5ohm
    Rockford Fosgate Punch X400 4-Channel amp

    More mods to come..

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    If i were you, I would just get a $15 line output converter from walmart, autozone, or online. It will tap into the speakers in the trunk and provide you with rca outputs that you can hook up to an amp. Easiest way to add an amp + sub.

    If you want the absolute easiest all in one unit, get a bazooka tube. All you have to run to the trunk is a power line. Ground it in the trunk somewhere, and tap the speaker lines. The bazooka tube has an auto on/off feature so you dont have to worry about relays or remote on/off lines. I have one in my other car and they sound very good if you are just looking to add some depth/bottom end to the music. They are by no means competition quality, but they get the job done for most people. Plus they dont take up a bunch of space like most subwoofer enclosures.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cadams155 View Post
    If i were you, I would just get a $15 line output converter from walmart, autozone, or online. It will tap into the speakers in the trunk and provide you with rca outputs that you can hook up to an amp. Easiest way to add an amp + sub.

    If you want the absolute easiest all in one unit, get a bazooka tube. All you have to run to the trunk is a power line. Ground it in the trunk somewhere, and tap the speaker lines. The bazooka tube has an auto on/off feature so you dont have to worry about relays or remote on/off lines. I have one in my other car and they sound very good if you are just looking to add some depth/bottom end to the music. They are by no means competition quality, but they get the job done for most people. Plus they dont take up a bunch of space like most subwoofer enclosures.
    Could you linke me to a good line converter that would work with the Boston sound? And I have seen the bazooka things but I am talking the 600-800RMS area.. I REALLY want to bump and I dont think the bazooka can satisfy me. haha.
    2012 200 Sport Fully Loaded

    Resonator Delete
    Flowmaster Super 10 Muffler
    Mopar CAI

    XS Power D1200 in the trunk
    XS Power D975 up front
    Singer 350amp alternator
    2 runs NVX 1/0


    Pioneer X5500BHS headunit

    Incriminator Audio 6.5 Components up front
    Rockford Fosgate Power 6x9s rear deck
    2 12in PSI Loaded Platform 1 subs

    SoundQuebed Q 2200 @ 0.5ohm
    Rockford Fosgate Punch X400 4-Channel amp

    More mods to come..

  6. #5
    Member Gadget14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I got a 10 inch pioneer ib flat for sale
    2012 Chrysler 200 Touring
    Blackberry Pearl

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronoman View Post
    Could you linke me to a good line converter that would work with the Boston sound? And I have seen the bazooka things but I am talking the 600-800RMS area.. I REALLY want to bump and I dont think the bazooka can satisfy me. haha.

    Im fixing to hook up 2 12's this week. i got two 1600w 12's, just waitin to pick up an amp!
    somthing like this
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SLC4/Scosche-SLC4.html?tp=2001




    "Im a super hero in the flesh, even at my worst im the best!"

    Black on Black Chrysler 200

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walker88 View Post
    Im fixing to hook up 2 12's this week. i got two 1600w 12's, just waitin to pick up an amp!
    somthing like this
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SLC4/Scosche-SLC4.html?tp=2001
    Thats sick! you have to upload a video once you get it finished! and thanks for the link.. thats the one i was thinking about getting!
    2012 200 Sport Fully Loaded

    Resonator Delete
    Flowmaster Super 10 Muffler
    Mopar CAI

    XS Power D1200 in the trunk
    XS Power D975 up front
    Singer 350amp alternator
    2 runs NVX 1/0


    Pioneer X5500BHS headunit

    Incriminator Audio 6.5 Components up front
    Rockford Fosgate Power 6x9s rear deck
    2 12in PSI Loaded Platform 1 subs

    SoundQuebed Q 2200 @ 0.5ohm
    Rockford Fosgate Punch X400 4-Channel amp

    More mods to come..

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    yea. ill post up somthing when im done.. i was suppose to pick up 2 1000w amps today, but dude has not called me back....

    but members its what the rms that the subs take, and the rms that the amp puts out..
    "Im a super hero in the flesh, even at my worst im the best!"

    Black on Black Chrysler 200

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Ok. So Walker is this what that in line thing does?Subwoofer?-subsetup.jpg
    2012 200 Sport Fully Loaded

    Resonator Delete
    Flowmaster Super 10 Muffler
    Mopar CAI

    XS Power D1200 in the trunk
    XS Power D975 up front
    Singer 350amp alternator
    2 runs NVX 1/0


    Pioneer X5500BHS headunit

    Incriminator Audio 6.5 Components up front
    Rockford Fosgate Power 6x9s rear deck
    2 12in PSI Loaded Platform 1 subs

    SoundQuebed Q 2200 @ 0.5ohm
    Rockford Fosgate Punch X400 4-Channel amp

    More mods to come..

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    what your gonna do is buy that converter, then tap into ur rear 6x9 speakers, then there will be instructions with the converter on what slots to run them to.. then you run your RCAs out to the amp.. thats it, hook up pwr,grnd,rmt. spkers.. you will have to switch the converter on to line out, and also the holes you put ur speaker wire in on the converter you can turn the gain up and down as well..
    "Im a super hero in the flesh, even at my worst im the best!"

    Black on Black Chrysler 200

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2