Fuel economy, E85 vs 87 gas vs 91/93 high octane gas - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fuel economy, E85 vs 87 gas vs 91/93 high octane gas

Thanks

I have been tracking gas mileage for a decade now for different vehicles as I drive a lot. Same with my 200c V6. I have been loving the E85. I'm afraid to say I got hooked. Just my last tank I had to fill 87 octanes as I wasn't near an E85 station and the car felt slower. I don't race my car and rarely go over 3000 rpm. Where I feel the different is on the highway where I can step on it and the car won't upshift on e85 and still accelerate as I anticipate. The last tank however with 87 Oct it felt weaker at lower RPM's. Again, it could be just in the eye of the beer holder but I felt a difference.

That being said. As gas was going up over the last few months the spread in Central Florida is not a percentage but it seems gas stations price e85 $0.20 lower than 87Oct. regardless how high or low regular gas goes. As prices were reaching 2.50/gal the spread in gas price decreased and led to a higher cost per mile. 3 months ago however it was a bit better.

I track my mileage with an app now rather than paper and I'm impressed how much data I get from it. I have added a link to some screenshots compiled on a pdf. Check it out. As far as I can tell I'll be running E85 wherever I can even though it costs me 2-3 cents more per mile. Did I mention that I love the smell when I pull into my garage? Not that stinky gas smell but I kinda get a whiff of... Whiskey?

http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/210ca3...f24dcb0b81.pdf

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daleksic For This Useful Post:

BJoe (05-14-2017), Black Knight (05-15-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.