Scheduled Oil Change
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Scheduled Oil Change

Thanks

Question Scheduled Oil Change

So according to the maintenance schedule I only need to change the oil and filter every 8000 miles. Really? or should I have just the oil changed only at 4000 then at 12000 etc... then the oil and filter being done every 8000 miles?
    200 Chick
    Silver Touring V6 Pentastar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Thanks

WOW, that's almost 1300km for us Canucks.

I'm old school, and have always went with the 5000km (which is what, 3000 miles?). However if the manufacturer says 8000 miles and will stand behind it, then why not?

Thanks

My dealer said 13,000 km before first oil change and I was old school as well usually changin in the 6000's .... We'll see I guess

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twohundred View Post
    My dealer said 13,000 km before first oil change and I was old school as well usually changin in the 6000's .... We'll see I guess
    I'm a maintenace guy's dream. I do exactly what the book says on time, every time.....well within a few hundred km's of course.

If they tell me 1300km and warranty it, then I will be fine with that.

Its this whole flex fuel thing that has me puzzled. Good thing there isn't anywhere near my place, so I won't have to worry about that for a few more years. LOL........

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Topless View Post
    I'm a maintenace guy's dream. I do exactly what the book says on time, every time.....well within a few hundred km's of course.

If they tell me 1300km and warranty it, then I will be fine with that.

Its this whole flex fuel thing that has me puzzled. Good thing there isn't anywhere near my place, so I won't have to worry about that for a few more years. LOL........
    The station by my house has the ethanol and it's only .60 cents less than unleaded. Besides that, your gas mileage will drop. So it's not worth it. I would rather not use that fuel anyway.
    200 Chick
    Silver Touring V6 Pentastar

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzycat View Post
    The station by my house has the ethanol and it's only .60 cents less than unleaded. Besides that, your gas mileage will drop. So it's not worth it. I would rather not use that fuel anyway.
    Before I forget, I meant to say 13000km, not 1300km. LOL......

Anyway, I'm with you Jazzycat. I don't think that the few cents per litre or per gallon, is worth the risk.

I know that these engines have been designed and tested, but I am switching to a smaller/light weight vehicle as it is, so I'm not too worried about using the cheapest fuel going.

I've read it quoted somewhere that you have to get your gas for something like 30% cheaper to help make up for the 30% loss in mileage to warrant the 85% ethanol?

As it is right now I pay (depending on today's gas prices of course), but somewhere around $1.40....$1.45 a litre for premium unleaded....or roughly $5.32 to $5.52 per gallon.

Making the move to a vehicle that runs off of regular unleaded is already a savings for me.

Thanks

I'm with Topless...I plan on changing it every 3000 regardless of what the book says. My girlfriend and I both bought 200's with the V6 last month, and I've already changed the oil on both cars...(the old school 500 mile first oil change...not required in the owners manual). Very, very easy to do on these cars. The oil filters are not widely available yet, but was able to find them at NAPA. Supposedly the oil coolers on these engines and the fact they take 6 quarts is suppposed to help extend the change intervals to 8K (or six months if you reach that first...very important point), but I just can't bring myself to wait that long! Oil is cheap, and I like it to come out still looking amber!

Thanks

I'm really old school. I normally change my oil between 7k to 10k miles, but I also run synthetic oil. Which means my 200 will get the same treatment.

Thanks

I'm also old school and generally change break-in oil within 3K miles and then switch to synthetic for 6K OCI's.

There's a ton of oil change info on this website:http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

For any Detroit area owners, Fenkell Glass (2 metro locations) offers lifetime oil changes/tire rotations every 3K miles for $225. They use Shell oil and Wix filters. My wife's Jeep is on that plan and you can't beat it.

The cartridge oil filter choice rather than spin-on is interesting, and since the PentaStar engine is used across the board, I would expect all the parts companies to have replacement filters available in short order.
    Last edited by harbor; 06-13-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Good website Harbor thanks.

I just checked the booklet and it says that we should be using the SAE 5W30 engine oil (V6 models)
    Chrylser 200 Limited, Black on Black, Hardtop Convertible

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.