bypass dvd and nav
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bypass dvd and nav

Thanks

Default bypass dvd and nav

how do you make the dvd work when travelling so the passenger can watch. pretty useless other wise. also by pass would allow the passenger to type in information for gps.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The legal answer is, you can't.

The law (in Toronto any way) states that you are not allowed to have dvd's/tv's/video device of any type located in the car where the driver can watch it.

I'm guessing that for precautions against lawsuits, most (if not all) automakers have designed their system whereas you can't watch and drive at the same time.

I agree that the GPS should be allowed full functionality if a passenger is present, but I don't have a problem with it being locked out to drivers.

I'm sure in time there will be a pressure sensitive switch located in the passengers seat that will sense when a person weighing a certain amount is present, and thusly giving the passenger control of the GPS.

These precautions are just like the texting and driving laws and should be followed.

Now having said all that, I would love to have the DVD option unlocked as well. LOL....

The GPS system that I have has voice recognition so it isn't too bad.........well aside from the fact that the system that comes with the car sucks, the idea behind it is good.
    Chrylser 200 Limited, Black on Black, Hardtop Convertible

Thanks

http://www.coastaletech.com/CHR550.htm
    $349.00 there or search ebay for chrysler 550 lockpick and you can get it for $309.00 shipped
    Last edited by Dkmack; 06-30-2011 at 07:02 AM.
    You my 2011 V6 Pentastar 200 S
    You my 2013.5 V6 Pentastar 200 Super S

Thanks

Do you mean when you're driving and the rear passengers can watch tv or listening to the music although many countries are not allow?? You can have a digital tv added with yous headunit will be ok .
    how to make your cargps headunit added much more quick and easy

Thanks

Lockpick is the way to go. Can't wait to be able to order mine. I could care less about the DVD while moving but can't stand not being able to use nav input while driving.

Thanks

Yup as soon as I free up a lil more cash im going to get the lockpick harness as well
    Black 2011 200s, Southeast Michigan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 200S_Driver View Post
    Lockpick is the way to go. Can't wait to be able to order mine. I could care less about the DVD while moving but can't stand not being able to use nav input while driving.
    I would like the backup cam too. I don't want to watch anything while in motion and wouldn't care if that feature was still locked out. I don't have a death wish. It'll be nice to be able to scroll through more than a few pages of POI's too.
    Black 200S Sedan / NAV / Sunroof

Imported from Detroit. (and Trenton, and Sterling Heights, and Kokomo)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I just want it for the backup camera too. I think that's a really cool toy.

I don't watch movies generally anyway, so being able to watch them in my car is no great loss.

As for the GPS........well the only thing that would make that better, would be a whole new system. LOL........
    Chrylser 200 Limited, Black on Black, Hardtop Convertible

Thanks

OK....so you're telling me there is no way to bypass the connection so the kids in the back can watch a dvd or the passenger can program the navi....what good is a co-pilot or having a dvd for long trips.....I think this is false advertisement by the sales dept. I just never thought to ask if I had to be "parked" to watch a movie......how stupid is that! I can understand why the driver shouldnt be watching a movie.....but really.....who would??

Region of Waterloo (Home of the "Blackberry" & the "Blue Box"), Ontario
    Thanks

The Ontario Highway Traffic Act states:

Display screen visible to driver prohibited

78. (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway if the display screen of a television, computer or other device in the motor vehicle is visible to the driver. 2009, c. 4, s. 1.
    Exceptions
    (2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of the display screen of,
    (a) a global positioning system navigation device while being used to provide navigation information;
    (b) a hand-held wireless communication device or a device that is prescribed for the purpose of subsection 78.1 (1);
    (c) a logistical transportation tracking system device used for commercial purposes to track vehicle location, driver status or the delivery of packages or other goods;
    (d) a collision avoidance system device that has no other function than to deliver a collision avoidance system; or
    (e) an instrument, gauge or system that is used to provide information to the driver regarding the status of various systems of the motor vehicle. 2009, c. 4, s. 1.

If you plan on doing this, just make sure you're "legal", Lockpick, or otherwise! I wouldn't want to go to the expense of installing the "Lockpick", only to be charged, and have the "device" seized by the Police. Just not worth it.
    Take some time and read the complete Section 78 of the Ontario Traffic Act, and you'll see what I mean up here!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.