Lightning bolt light and limp mode
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lightning bolt light and limp mode

Thanks

Default Lightning bolt light and limp mode

Hi,

A few weeks ago the lightning bolt light started coming on in out 2012 200. The car would hesitate from time to time but otherwise drive fine. Then last week the check engine light and lightning bolt light came on again and the car went into limp mode and wouldn't go any higher than idle. A buddy came over to check the codes and from what we gathered, we felt it was the throttle body. I ordered a new throttle body and installed it without a problem. The car started right up and ran great around the block. Later that night my wife took the car to the store and the check engine light came on but otherwise drove fine. This morning after dropping her daughter off at school, the lightning bolt came on and the car went back into limp mode. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there something else I need to check / replace? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hseidel49 For This Useful Post:

chesterwilson (02-21-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hseidel49 View Post
    Hi,

A few weeks ago the lightning bolt light started coming on in out 2012 200. The car would hesitate from time to time but otherwise drive fine. Then last week the check engine light and lightning bolt light came on again and the car went into limp mode and wouldn't go any higher than idle. A buddy came over to check the codes and from what we gathered, we felt it was the throttle body. I ordered a new throttle body and installed it without a problem. The car started right up and ran great around the block. Later that night my wife took the car to the store and the check engine light came on but otherwise drove fine. This morning after dropping her daughter off at school, the lightning bolt came on and the car went back into limp mode. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there something else I need to check / replace? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    What were the actual codes?
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

Hidden Content

Thanks

I dont remember and I dont have them any more. I would have to get my friend back over with the computer.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hseidel49 View Post
    I dont remember and I dont have them any more. I would have to get my friend back over with the computer.
    Most auto part stores will connect a code reader to your car and tell you what the codes are for free.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.