Check engine light on 2015 button start Chrysler 200 3.6L
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Check engine light on 2015 button start Chrysler 200 3.6L

Thanks

Question Check engine light on 2015 button start Chrysler 200 3.6L

I leased a Chrysler 200 Limited 3.6L less than a week ago. It currently has 60K km on it. Coming home from the store, the check engine light suddenly came on. As I was only 2 minutes from home, drove the rest of the way. Any suggestions on what to check? I don't know a lot about cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Welcome aboard Coffeeaddict. sorry to hear about your CEL, i believe that autozone will scan your car and tell you what the light is on for. If you get the code, report back and we maybe able to offer some advise on moving forward!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeaddict View Post
    I leased a Chrysler 200 Limited 3.6L less than a week ago. It currently has 60K km on it. Coming home from the store, the check engine light suddenly came on. As I was only 2 minutes from home, drove the rest of the way. Any suggestions on what to check? I don't know a lot about cars.
    If your not mechanically inclined, leave it alone and return it to a dealer for inspection. These new vehicles are complex and difficult to repair, even for a good mechanic.
    It needs to be properly diagnosed, and the repairs might be free if it's related to an old recall issue, or something that would affect the emissions system.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Did you put gas in the car within a few days of the light coming on? You probably just didn't screw the gas cap on right and the EVAP system is triggering the CEL. Just open your gas cap and screw it back on again until you hear it click. The CEL should go away in a day or so after doing this.
    2012 Chrysler 200 Limited HT Convertible (all black)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.