I have a few problems with my new 200
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I have a few problems with my new 200

Thanks

Default I have a few problems with my new 200

I just purchased a 2012 200 Touring with the v6 in it. First time i put my foot to the floor, the torq steer literally pulled the car off the road. The second time, i was more ready for it, but when i tried to apply pressure to counter the movment, the car suddenly jerked in the other direction. It seems if i correct (ever so slightly) in one direction, the car darts to the other direction. Anyone else with this problem? The other issue is the speedometer. It goes up normally, but gets stuck and ticks back down like a clock going backwards. Its really annoying. The last issue im having so far is that when i pull up to my house (soft gravel and dirt driveway) i feel a clunking in the steering (i can faintly hear a noise under the car too). I have an appointment with the dealer next week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

About the torque steer. Although the V6 creates torque I do not find it objectionable. Check the tire pressure. Check the front end alignment. Are your brakes pulling left or right? This car makes good power, hold on and relax when you floor it. I find the steering to be precise and overcompensating input can make the car feel jerky. Have you used the manual auto stick? It offers terrific control of the engine RPMs. Contrary to what some of the reviews say this car is a hoot to drive. Good luck at the dealer.

Thanks

I have the inline 4 and have noticed the torque steer. I use to drive a colorado so im still getting use to driving a car.
    2012 Chrysler 200 Touring
    Blackberry Pearl

Thanks

Yea when i redline the car it pulls right/left. Gotta hold on to that wheel.

The last issue, I don't know if u mean it's a one time clunk or during the time you pull in/out of the driveway? I have an issue when I'm braking down to ~10 mph, there's a loud thump and it feels like engine breaking really hard. Not sure if it's similar.
    2011, 200 S blk, blk loaded

Thanks

I have a 2012 V6 Limited and I very little to no torque steer, even when I floor it. I rented a V6 200 while on business a year ago.......I had read the car reviews and how supposedly bad the torque steer was.....so I purposefully tried to induce it by flooring the V6. I couldn't induce any significant torque steer, not in the rental V6 and not in my own 2012 V6 Limited.

Thanks

I have the same problem,pulling to the right. Must be a solution to this problem,I guess dont floor it.
    Beef 1947

Thanks

that would be one LOL

Thanks

Torque steer is rampant in this car. That's what happens when you throw 283hp and 260lb-ft of torque at the front wheels. You'll get used to it and will stop overcompensating. As for the other issues, checking with the dealer is your best bet.

Thanks

I did notice that the dealer overinflated the tires. Each tire had anyhwere from 36-39psi in them. They are now down to 31-32 in each tire. The handling is a little better, and the torque steer has calmed down some, but it is still there. I will update you guys after the dealer looks at it on tuesday.

Thanks

First time I floored it I was not ready for the torque steer either. It's a front wheel drive thing. All the power that this V6 has is a lot for front wheel drive. Remember that it's only in the 200 with front wheel. And coming from my Chally 470hp I know what power feels like. It's a non issue in all others this V6 is in (chally, charger, 300, Durango, & Jeep GC. But they are all rear wheel, so stepping on the go pedal with the pentastar is so different. I say, when you hit the Go pedal just hang on, smile, and enjoy the ride. Any car you punch you should be prepared for everything, or don't do it. I am very impressed with the power the pentastar puts out. Makes it fun to drive. Knowing its gonna pull a 0-60 in less than 2 seconds slower and a 1/4 mile the same than my SRT it's a very powerful power plant. Enjoy it, and forget about all the reviews about it. Most people wouldn't even know that the torque steer is noticeable if it wasn't for reviews. But like I said, it's the front wheel drive that's the culprit. I can feel the power from the front end. Just my 2 cents. Not trying to take the thread over or be negative. Just my opinion from what I know.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.