headlight bulbs
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: headlight bulbs

Thanks

Default headlight bulbs

anybody replace and upgrade the headlight bulbs to a brighter white so its easier to see at night? if so what kind and from where?

i would love to change the fog light bulbs as well

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Hi there, in my experience changing it to white would be easier for you to drive but it would give a very hard time for whoever is driving opposite yours. Why don't you go for blue headlight bulbs? They're more pleasing to the eye while still giving the brightness that you want.

Hope this helps!

in the very heart of Silicon Valley, California
    Thanks

Bad idea.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I think I said this somewhere on this site already, but I think these HID headlamps should be banned.

They may help you see where you are going, but they are blinding to the people that you are following. In fact they are so bright that it causes the person in front of you to lose concentration on the road in front of them as they are too distracted from the bright lights behind them, and potentially cause accidents.

I know that people like them because it makes their vehicles look "hot"....(or is the new word "sick"??), but to me they are just an accident causing device waiting to happen.
    Chrylser 200 Limited, Black on Black, Hardtop Convertible

Thanks

there is a tab on the rear view mirror you pull which makes the lights behind you go dim but you can still see.....they wouldnt put the lights out if it was to dangers and didn't have a way to prevent the driver from blinding the person in front of you and if your duna come back with "wat if there driving towrds you?" most people have the comon knowledge to look down at the side of the road so you can still see were your going and not swerve and slow down till the car passed.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I have been involved in the lighting industry for well over 25 years, you really don't want to go down that road with me. LOL........

There is the issue of sideview mirrors, highbeams that don't get turned down, and the aging population to name a few problems.

HID lighting systems are just bad and just not required!
    Chrylser 200 Limited, Black on Black, Hardtop Convertible

Thanks

I don't think they should be banned from an OEM aspect, but aftermarket is a different case.

As a general rule, OEM HIDs don't put out glare to oncoming traffic or into the mirrors of the vehicles they follow. It's the aftermarket botched retrofits in halogen reflectors that do that. HID projectors have a beam cutoff shield that produces a distinct beam cutoff to keep from inducing glare to oncoming traffic. When people install HIDs in reflector-style headlamps, there is no beam cutoff and the light is dispersed in a wide area producing lots of glare and ultimately a less effective light beam for the driver of that vehicle. Those are the folks who give HIDs a bad name because they blind us and tick us off.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MoparGuy For This Useful Post:

stargazer7467 (08-03-2013)

Thanks

So, what is a good standard replacement bulb? Any suggestions?

Super Moderator untouchable4206's Avatar
    Thanks

Either the Philips HIR2 or go HID.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    2012 Chrysler 200 S
    VR Exhaust
    Resonator Delete
    Intake Air Box Modification
    Kicker Comp 12" Woofer
    Polk Audio PA330 Amp
    Gold Zinc Drilled Rotors
    Custom Coilovers
    Oil Pressure, Oil Temp,
    Air Fuel, Volt Gauges
    Zex Nitrous
    Luminis G5 HID 6000K

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.