Winter driving
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter driving

Thanks

Default winter driving

I have had some poor handling in winter conditions and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. It is somewhat difficult to describe but the car will shake a bit and feel like it is fish-tailing down the road. It is not a vibration at all...When I accelerate the tcs will come on so I don't believe it is an issue with that. I live in Michigan and have been driving on winter roads for over 15 years and never experienced a sensation like this. The car has continental tires on it and I am not sure if that could be part of the problem. Not sure if this is just how the car handles and if so I don't like it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Region of Waterloo (Home of the "Blackberry" & the "Blue Box"), Ontario
    Thanks

I switched off my "Continentals" for the winter and put on a set of BFG Winter Slalom KSi's, with TPM's. I've only had the Traction Control light come on once, and that was while I accelerated quickly from a stop, on a snow covered street.

I've been pleased with the "Winter Slaloms" so far, even though we've had a relatively snow free winter!

Winter driving-pb210032.jpgWinter driving-pb210034.jpg

Thanks

I live in northern Michigan and I am having the same issues. Feels like the back end is floating and ready to spin out at any moment. Scared to drive the car even w/ just a dusting of snow. Spoke to the dealership and they said it is not the tires and they are going to speak to a Chrysler rep to see if others are having the same problem... I have never had this sensation w/ any car before and I am not a nervous winter driver at all, but I do NOT feel comfortable driving this even in mild winter conditions.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

That is exaclty what I have noticed. I'm sorry you are having the same issue but it is validating to know that I am not imagining this happening. I have to take my car in to the dealership for excessive wind noise on the passenger side rear door and I will mention this to them again. Hopefully they can figure something out...I have a two year old son in the back and feel very unsafe to drive in just a dusting of snow.

Thanks

Alexandra76...I meant to ask you what tires you have on your car? I have continental's and was thinking this could be part of the issue.

Thanks

I have Goodyear's on my S convertible and I think the car drives rather well in the snow. The V6 can easily break traction from a standstill, but it's predictable, and the traction control usually will cut my throttle down. This has been a mild winter to say the least.

My sister used to own a Altima with Continental tires and always had traction issues....especially in the rain. If you don't feel safe in the snow, then I would purchase snow tires. You can have them delivered to your door or just do some research with www.tirerack.com.

Region of Waterloo (Home of the "Blackberry" & the "Blue Box"), Ontario
    Thanks

Well, I gave mine a good run to work yesterday morning in about 15cms. of snow covered, unplowed roads. The BFG Winter Slalom KSi's that I have on cut thru the snow like there was nothing there! Very impressed. (BTW, the snow was "light and fluffy", not heavy, wet, packing snow, so that might have been some of it. BUT, there was 15cms. of it!)

Thanks

I have goodyears on my 200 so cant comment specifically, however, I have continentals on both my other vehicles and find them to be above average for all season tires in snow.. none will be good as any snow tire

Thanks

This sounds like the issue Impala owners like myself were having. In wet weather the ass of the car would feel like it wanted to come out on you. Problem was the rear of the car being out of alignment. Does the rear tires look like they are cambered out too much/look slanted? Once fixed it was no longer an issue.

Thanks

sounds more probable to me as well

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.