Lowering the 200 S
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lowering the 200 S

Thanks

Lightbulb Lowering the 200 S

Hey guys, I was planning on lowering the car with the springs from HR maybe even as soon as next week but at least by next month. I just wanted to see if anyone here had done it yet? HR says their springs will lower the car 1.5in in the front and 1.4 in the rear, so it should give it a really nice stance. I will be keeping the 18in S wheels since I like them so much. Anyway, for those who are curious as well of lowering the car, I will post it up when I do and I'll let y'all know how hard it is and what is needed to get it done. I will also check the alignment after putting some miles on it to see if it changes much as well as any changes in tire wear.

Btw, the HR lowering springs are available at Tirerack.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

You will need to get an alignment after installing the springs as you will have to unbolt multiple suspension parts and put everything back together as well as changing some of the geometry by lowering the car. I am interested in lowering my car as well but am waiting for some upgraded struts to come out for our car or the mopar coilovers as lowering springs plus stock struts usually cause the struts to wear out and blow at an accelerated rate.
    Black 2011 200s, Southeast Michigan

Thanks

I doubt that the shocks will blowout by lowering the car that much. One option though would be the Avenger RT struts which are firmer. The higher gas pressure in the strut should helps it longevity. Also yes I will check the alignment but it can take a few miles, a few hundred at times, for the suspension to settle before getting an alignment.

Thanks

I have lowered a neon 1.8" all the way around on stock struts with about 6,000 miles on them and they were blown out 10,000 miles later. The stock struts were not designed for a shorter stiffer spring. These ones may last longer but I would keep in mind you may have to replace them a lot sooner than normal. Thats just my $.02 though
    Black 2011 200s, Southeast Michigan

Thanks

Im aware that they will wear out quicker if i lower the car. Thats why ive looking for specs on the Avenger RT struts or aftermarket ones. Aint much parts out yet for these cars.

Thanks

nate being in cali, maybe contact Billstein.. never know if they want a test car for a nice new coilover setup.. would definately be worth the ride to SD area

Thanks

Bilstein Aftermarket headquarters in Poway, CA.. Bilstein Development Department: (800) 537-1085 ex 5946..

Thanks

down for pics - but personally I will wait for a full coilover -
    You my 2011 V6 Pentastar 200 S
    You my 2013.5 V6 Pentastar 200 Super S

Thanks

I would eventually like to do a full coilover as well, if somebody like Bilstein makes a quality piece. Get on this nate! u may get a free setup out of it never know! this is a hot newer model and a popular car, I dont see why they wouldnt at least entertain the idea.. tell them a bunch of people online have been looking for aftermarket suspension support, but we have none

Thanks

Thats a good idea. I'll be sending them an email....as well as to vortech and procharger. Lol, just in case.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.