Chrysler 200 Forum banner

New Campaign "REPROGRAM TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE" 2015 200C

15K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  timd30047 
#1 ·
This morning on my UConnect dashboard page there is a new campaign (not a safety recall) dated Oct, 20, 2014 "REPROGRAM TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE", see attached. Text Font Line Parallel Screenshot

I have no complaints with my 9 speed transmission so far. It shifts up or down smoothly.

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting. Mine was in for service on the 20th and all they reprogrammed was the electronic shift module, which I doubt is the same as the transmission control module. However, there is nothing showing on my UConnect Dashboard today.

#3 · (Edited)
Pennhaven, Click on "Recalls page" link which is on the right side above the photo of a 200C from the main dashboard page. Then click on "Search" next to the box which your VIN should be in. See attached. View attachment 14762

Attachments

#4 ·
pennhaven, click on "recalls page" link which is on the right side above the photo of a 200c from the main dashboard page. Then click on "search" next to the box which your vin should be in. See attached. View attachment 14762
VIN:1C3CCCEG3FN______
No outstanding recalls or customer satisfaction notifications exist.
So either mine is not impacted (AWD?) or the ESM reprogram on the 20th covered it.

#5 · (Edited)
Did you notice anything different with the transmission performance after the ESM was reprogrammed?

I have been lucky no problems with my transmission so far, but from reading some of the comments there are 2015 Chrysler 200s that have shifting problems...just wondering if the reprogram control module update is for those vehicles.

My philosophy is if something is working as in a transmission, don't mess with it i.e., reprogramming of software.

#6 ·
Did you notice anything different with the transmission performance after the ESM was reprogrammed?
No. It had shifted fine before and it still shifts fine since. The reason I had them check it was because I had one incident, back in August, when, after a hot start and reversing out of a parking space and selecting D, it wouldn't go into gear for about 5 seconds. Engine revved, no engagement. After it eventually did go into gear it then held first gear considerably longer than necessary before finally acting normal again. No problems since, but I asked the dealer to check for any stored codes or available updates while they had the car just in case.

Maybe the ESM reprogram will address the one time issue, but the tech couldn't find any service bulletin suggesting it would or any other explanation for the incident. I guess only ZF engineers know for sure and apparently they're not talking, or maybe they're speaking German and no one at Chrysler understands them. ;)

Reactions: CesarTheGreat
#7 ·
I know there was a recall earlier in the summer, that was addressed for about 20 vehicles or so... but... who knows.

#8 ·
Actually I think that now that the transmission has a adapted a bit more since the ESM flash it does seem to be shifting even better than it had been previously.

It's subjective though, since I obviously can't do an A/B comparison. Today though it seems to be shifting very well indeed.

#11 ·
My 2.4 came up as well
I'm debating on taking it in, maybe I'll wait to see what others find out. I've learned to drive around the problems like:
1) the lurch from 1st to 2nd, if you give it more gas that problem seems to go away
2) sudden release of downshifting when coming to a stop, if you don't stop as fast it's not a problem
3) transmission revs when trying to accelerate, not a problem if you slam the throttle instead of gently pressing it

#12 ·
Our's came up also. We have the 2.4 engine. Can't really complain how the transmission shifts and never felt any lurches and revving between gears.
I think I'll wait a little before taking it back to the dealer.
Noticed we have a software update available too.
When I have something that I actually think is a problem, then I'll take the car back for those updates.

#13 ·
TCM Issues

What the pedal did was not what the engine and transmission did - sometimes, from the day I purchased the car. Don't get me wrong, I really like the car, but the transmission should not have been released to the public until some troublesome issues are concerned. This car does not like downhills - low revs, high revs and being thrown forward out of the seat, especially in cruise control. They say it's normal, the computer trying to maintain the speed set. Too many gears here - don't believe this is fixable. Pressing the accelerator expecting the car to go - not. Delays up to 1.5 seconds (while the engine revs), and then wham - whiplash has occurred several times due to violent acceleration - this happens sitting still and when driving. Violent shifts, especially between the dog gears (4-5, 7-8). And the whirring the transmission makes when accelerating. Gladly there is good news. On third trip to dealership - Mechanic inspected the "B+ for TCM and FDC (A190)" and found "loose pin fitment." I was tightened and I test drove the vehicle - amazing. That was the problem! Now it almost kinda-sorta drives good. The transmission is still violently jerky, does not go down hills well, hesitates on acceleration (at any speed) and has rough downshifts (especially when braking) and dog gear shifts. I would not recommend buying this vehicle until Chrysler fixes these problems. While I appreciate the attempt to provide great fuel economy with a 9 speed transmission - the problems prevalent in the system do not support the benefits. A recall to install a 7 or 8 speed tranny would be nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.