Chrysler 200 Forum banner

Bluetooth Messaging With Samsung Galaxy S5 Active and The 200S

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  saspring 
#1 ·
Who has connected their Galaxy S5 to the 200S and been able to use the messaging function? Everything works except this. I called AT&T, I called Samsung and Chrysler. Chrysler says it's a AT&T problem, AT&T says call Samsung. Samsung says I'm the first person in the USA to find this problem. Bullshi_. How do you get text messages to come in and be read or heard? Please help.

#2 ·
I haven't connected any other other other other S5 Active, but I have connected a Note 3, a S5 and a few days ago a Note 3, and they have all read/created./spoken the text without a problem.

When you did the pairing, right after it was complete, did you be sure to check the boxes that says yes use for phones messaging, and the other one for messaging.

Hope that helps

#6 ·
I had the same problem with my S4. If you google this problem (not just for uconnect but bluetooth messaging not working) you will find lots of hits. I got it to work by doing the following. First, make sure to check the firmware level on the uconnect. I think the latest is still 14.35. Then, based on some posts at other forums, I unpaired the bluetooth on my phone and deleted it on the uconnect. Then I deleted most of my texts (I had a bunch of old texts). Finally, I re-paired it, checked the "allow access..." buttons on the phone and let it do its thing. It has been rock solid for over a month now.

#7 ·
I have a note 3 and when i tried to initially pair my phone it told me to download the uconnect app. Since i did that my txt msg alert me thought the speakers and allow me to have the read out load or read. As for sending a response it told me i needed to buy something so i declined and never fully read what i needed.. Do you bluetooth to the "Uconnect" and does it show paired. If so then try deleting it from your favorites and re connect it... Maybe there was an option for txt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.