Sporadic Extended Cranking - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sporadic Extended Cranking

Thanks

As an update to my original thread, it has been close to a year now and I have never had a problem with extended cranking again.
    I do know for sure that on my vehicle they followed the TSB 18-054-14 and indeed replaced the camshaft position sensor bank 1.
    The PDF link describes the process. I printed it and brought it to service manager.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Even though the TSB didn't pertain to your vehicle, they were still willing to work with you? That's pretty cool of them. My service department at this dealership is not quite as flexible. I'm willing to bet that the PCM update is not going to really fix anything. But, I will give it the benefit of the doubt. If it does happen again I will try that and see what they do.

Thanks

So after paying a little more attention to the TSB that somebody posted on here. My vehicle falls right into the bulletin. I also took my engine cover off and checked my cam sensor and it is exactly what it is saying is the problem. I will print it out and give it directly to the service advisor on my visit us Monday. Hopefully they will be a little bit more receptive this time around. does anybody know where I can find any other TSB's? Perhaps I can steer them in the right direction what's wrong with my transmission. LOL

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Well, for any of those that follow this post, I just picked my car up from the dealership. They replace the cam sensor so we will see what happens. Now if I could just get the shuddering fixed when we reapplying throttle after letting it coast I'd be all set. :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey0210 View Post
    Well, for any of those that follow this post, I just picked my car up from the dealership. They replace the cam sensor so we will see what happens. Now if I could just get the shuddering fixed when we reapplying throttle after letting it coast I'd be all set. :-)
    This TSB ( http://www.wk2jeeps.com/Misc/Cheroke..._21_015_16.pdf ) mentions upshift improvements, among other things for your transmission. Might want to check if this has been applied to your vehicle.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey0210 View Post
    Your cranking issue will be fixed.
    2015 200 S V6 FWD
    Bright white (built 07/14) service 11/14
    Interior: Leather/Cloth Black and blue
    19 inches Hyper Black rims
    UConnect 8.4A w/Nav
    Sun, Sound and comfort groups
    Rockford Fosgate T165-S, T1693
    JL Audio 13W3V3-2 Sub
    JL Audio JX 360/4, JX 500/1D amps
    JL Audio SSI CleanSweep
    JL Audio CL441 DSP
    Phillips Ultinon 6000k fog lights
    TRS HID kit
    Overkill CAI
    Weathertech floor liner

Thanks

So far starting is perfect and as expected. Two cranks and it fires right up. They have updated my transmission and reset adaptations with not change in behavior. It is not anything that happens with shifting up or down. The car is locked in gears 5,6,7 or even 8. I feel it in the pedal and steering wheel. I am waiting to find out when a Chrysler rep is available. The tech drove my car for 3 days and said he never felt it. I drove it home and felt it the entire drive. But I believe it may be a misfire situation. I think the idle is too rough especially for a v6 and the feeling I have is almost like a car with cylinder deactivation that is going back into 6 cylinder mode. But this car doesn't have that feature so there must be an issue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.