Last 200 off the assembly line today - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Last 200 off the assembly line today

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fltru103 View Post
    FCA no longer sells the "Lifetime Service Contracts". However, they cannot take an existing contract from a purchaser either. The wording in the contract stipulates that if a repair exceeds the value of the vehicle, the company reserves the right to pay you the value of the vehicle ( not the repair ) and cancel the contract.
    I don't think that's correct.

I just did a quote on Mopar Vehicle Protection's official site for a 200S, and was offered Lifetime Maximum Care.

The only vehicles that it is no longer offered on are "D Class" - or Scat Pack and SRT cars, and anything above that. It's even available on the Fiat 124 Abarth. If they get the Hurricane 2.0T into the next 124, I'm buying one just for the Lifetime policy... especially after all the bills on my Solstice GXP that my extended warranty has paid out.

Might want to edit your post so others don't get wrong info.
    2015 200S V6 FWD - Mopar Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pentastar For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (12-08-2016), fltru103 (12-08-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pentastar View Post
    I don't think that's correct.

I just did a quote on Mopar Vehicle Protection's official site for a 200S, and was offered Lifetime Maximum Care.

The only vehicles that it is no longer offered on are "D Class" - or Scat Pack and SRT cars, and anything above that. It's even available on the Fiat 124 Abarth. If they get the Hurricane 2.0T into the next 124, I'm buying one just for the Lifetime policy... especially after all the bills on my Solstice GXP that my extended warranty has paid out.

Might want to edit your post so others don't get wrong info.
    Noted and corrected. I was looking for another vehicle ( an SRT ) and found them missing the lifetime contracts. I mistakenly assumed ( and had heard ) they stopped selling them on all vehicles. I was wrong.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fltru103 For This Useful Post:

Pennhaven (12-08-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 62maxx View Post
    For all you NEGATIVES out there..... I just traded in my BMW 525 I for a 2013 200 Limited and I sense NO DIFFERENCE in the ride of the suspension nor the comfort of the interior cabin. ALSO, I got a keyfob remote start, more HP. from a 2.5 straight "6" to a 3.6 "V" 6 and still have heated seats and a HUGE 267 WATT Boston audio system...... and... no more Castrol full synthetic oil changes...... put THAT in your pipe and smoke it....... oh yea... still getting 29 miles per gallon on 87 gasoline vs 93............ whooooooooo HOOOOOOOOOO
    So I was actually in the market for a BMW 525 before I purchased this car so reading your post makes me feel really good about my purchase. I had a change of heart when I thought about the maintenance costs. I eventually want to buy "the ultimate driving machine" but now was not the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ash200 For This Useful Post:

chesterwilson (01-09-2017)

Thanks

Just last Friday I got the " Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty " for a total of only $ 3440.00 ( $220.00 Down and then 24 months of $152.50 ) for my Velvet Mist 2015 Chrysler 200S let's hope that in 2035 my 200S is still going strong .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 92A20 View Post
    Just last Friday I got the " Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty " for a total of only $ 3440.00 ( $220.00 Down and then 24 months of $152.50 ) for my Velvet Mist 2015 Chrysler 200S let's hope that in 2035 my 200S is still going strong .
    Seems a little high. But that may be since you financed it.
    The Max Care Lifetime I purchased was $2300.
    Dealers can discount all service contracts, it's just a matter of shopping to find the best price.
    Good luck with your 200S !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fltru103 For This Useful Post:

92A20 (01-01-2017)

Thanks

Sergio quote today:

“Both the Chrysler 200 and the Dodge Dart, as great products as they were, were the least financially rewarding enterprises that we’ve carried out inside FCA in the last eight years. I don’t know one investment decision that was as bad as these two were. With all the effort that went into the development of these vehicles, with all the technology that went into these cars, it was a tough slog.”
    200C AWD
    Granite Crystal / Linen
    Safety Tec, Premium, Navigation & Sound
    Premium Lighting
    Replaced OE HID bulbs with Morimoto 5,500K
    18"
    OE Bridgestone Ecopias Replaced w/ Yokohama YK580s
    Mopar All-Weather Mats, Cargo Net, Cargo Area Tray
    Reverse, Interior, Trunk and License Plate
    LED Conversion
    3M
    Color Stable Glass Tint - Visor 35%, Side & Rear 50%
    K&N Drop-in Air Filter, RPM Motorsports Torque Tube
    MGP Black Caliper Covers, TitaniumTim 200C Coasters

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pennhaven For This Useful Post:

fltru103 (01-10-2017)

Thanks

I am old school and I don't understand, or like, his management style. He insulted his designers and blamed them, but the car was designed on his watch as CEO, surely he reviewed it before anyone started cutting metal. He had to have been involved and approved it all. There was almost no advertising, lots of people didn't know the car existed, myself included, until I walked onto the car lot and saw one. FCA just didn't seem to care, no pride in the product at all. Its insulting to owners of the car and financially painful for the dealerships. He is CEO of FCA but won't fight for the Chrysler part of the brand.

Thanks

It's a shame. I worry for Chrysler's future and Dodge's. Hope they can get some products... now that it looks like sedans are out of the question for the foreseeable future.
    Hidden Content CHRYSLER 200S OWNER

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NWDrive View Post
    It's a shame. I worry for Chrysler's future and Dodge's. Hope they can get some products... now that it looks like sedans are out of the question for the foreseeable future.
    As long as FCA / Chrysler has Jeep's and Ram trucks to sell, they will continue on. The performance side of Dodge does OK, and sells some niche products, so I don't see that ending anytime soon either.
    Sergio stated their just wasn't enough profit in the 200 and Dart without massive sales to support the platform.
    Consumer Reports, with their decisive and false reporting, almost single handily ended the 200. Other automotive journalists reported how good the car was, but it wasn't enough to overcome the false reporting, on a single model type, by Consumer Reports.
    Some people think that CR is the holy grail of consumerism.
    I think otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.