Last 200 off the assembly line today
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Last 200 off the assembly line today

Thanks

Default Last 200 off the assembly line today

I see in the news (Detroit Press and NBC News) that the last Chrysler 200 rolled off the line today. It really was depressing to read it, even though we all knew it was coming. This car and it's designers and workforce were attacked and publically insulted by their own CEO, (Sergio the axeman) and bashed unmercifully and unfairly by the press. It deserved better. Consumer Reports must have felt pretty satisfied today, their savagely skewed review had the power to help kill off a very capable car. I thought about that review on the way home from work today as I thoroughly enjoyed my Chrysler 200 with it's "raspy" engine and "klutzy" handling.

I guess the good news is that our cars are now collectors items! Take that Sergio!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Sorry to hear that ! I was at my local dealer getting my S55 recall done and saw a few 2017 200's sitting on the lot. I thought then what a shame they are letting these cars go when they provide so much in the way of comfort, style and fuel economy.

Thanks

Sell it now while you can!
    With an overall score of 51-53 and a reliability rating of minus-46, Consumer Reports liked the 200’s styling, available features, and its optional V6 engine, but found its interior room and design to be lacking, the standard four-cylinder engine to be under-powered and unrefined, and its automatic transmission to be fussy. It scored below average in all three of the JD Power studies (Initial Quality, Dependability, and Design/Performance), and is expected to hold onto just 41% of its original value after three years and 29% after five years.
    (Black 2013 Touring 2.4 SOLD) - Black 2016 Ford Focus ST

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I am keeping mine for the long haul. If I were concerned with resale value I would avoid purchasing ANY NEW car - and especially I would avoid an "American" branded new car.

The 200 is a great car despite some biased negative reviews where they did little more than look at it, drive it around the block and try and write an article to appeal to the masses/write what people want to hear so they can sound credible.

It's actually nice to know that if something happens to my 15' 200S (for instance if I get in an accident where it cannot be repaired), I will be able to find a nice used one for a good price - not too many new mid sized sedans appeal to me besides this one.

I heard that the Dodge Dart is done as well. Looks like FCA is having issues with selling small and mid-sized sedans, probably a marketing problem.
    Last edited by Black Knight; 12-03-2016 at 08:05 PM.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

Hidden Content

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:

fltru103 (12-04-2016)

Thanks

I read the consumer reports nonsense. Our little blue 200S has served us well with out so much as a hiccup.

We love this car despite the biased review.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Thebigtiny For This Useful Post:

fltru103 (12-04-2016)

Thanks

If residuals keep falling, Mopar might yank lifetime warranties... because it could become a huge liability for them. I'd buy one now while you can if you have a V6, and especially if you have an AWD V6.
    2015 200S V6 FWD - Mopar Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty

Thanks

For all you NEGATIVES out there..... I just traded in my BMW 525 I for a 2013 200 Limited and I sense NO DIFFERENCE in the ride of the suspension nor the comfort of the interior cabin. ALSO, I got a keyfob remote start, more HP. from a 2.5 straight "6" to a 3.6 "V" 6 and still have heated seats and a HUGE 267 WATT Boston audio system...... and... no more Castrol full synthetic oil changes...... put THAT in your pipe and smoke it....... oh yea... still getting 29 miles per gallon on 87 gasoline vs 93............ whooooooooo HOOOOOOOOOO

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 62maxx For This Useful Post:

Ash200 (12-27-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pentastar View Post
    If residuals keep falling, Mopar might yank lifetime warranties... because it could become a huge liability for them. I'd buy one now while you can if you have a V6, and especially if you have an AWD V6.
    FCA no longer sells the "Lifetime Service Contracts". However, they cannot take an existing contract from a purchaser either. The wording in the contract stipulates that if a repair exceeds the value of the vehicle, the company reserves the right to pay you the value of the vehicle ( not the repair ) and cancel the contract.

Edit ...
    I checked and found those "Lifetime Service Contracts" are still sold for regular vehicles. Seems they dropped the SRT and performance vehicle. Perhaps others have been dropped, but hard to find that out.
    The rest of my statement should be correct.
    Directly from my contract it says: "The total cost of the repair per visit less the deductible, or cash value of the vehicle, whichever is less". This is listed under the maximum benefit amount of any covered component.
    Last edited by fltru103; 12-08-2016 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added correction

14. The Following User Says Thank You to fltru103 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (12-06-2016)

Thanks

Such a mistake FCA is doing with this shut down of the 200 and Dart. I've been dreading this day for at least half a year since the news broke. To pull away from sedans is a dumb move on FCA's part, and there is NOTHING wrong with the 200 sedan. They should have kept updating it, maybe stick in that new Pacifica hybrid/electric engine, and it would be a first in class, best mileage vehicle on the road in it's class.

Short-sightedness has been an ongoing problem with FCA, and it is a shame to see such a good car, that got great reviews until Consumer Reports spouted barf around, then everyone seemed to jump just on that bandwagon (look at all the reviews before Consumer Reports. There was not a single negative one. Car and Driver, Motor Trend, Autoweek, online reviewers, they all praised the 200 and said it was going to be a contenders. Then Consumer Reports waltzed in.... Last model year reviews of the 200 again are praising the car, and saying it is far too early for such a great gem to disappear.
    Hidden Content CHRYSLER 200S OWNER

Thanks

I love my 2015 200S. I'm leasing now, but plan on purchasing the residual buyout when the lease is terminated. I travel a lot and rent 'tons' of cars......I like the Chevy Cruze (similar to the 200S), but it's not any better by any means. Hertz gives me the Altima often and it's okay.....not better than the 200S. I agree, can't understand why they canceled it's production.....(obviously it wasn't a satisfactory profit center for the parent corporation).

Just my $0.02 worth of comments.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.