Pre-owned 2015 200S with 14K miles. Transmission problems a concern?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pre-owned 2015 200S with 14K miles. Transmission problems a concern?

Thanks

Smile Pre-owned 2015 200S with 14K miles. Transmission problems a concern?

Hello all.

First time posting here. Glad to have just joined the 200 owners family by purchasing a pre-owned 2015 Chrysler 200S (3.6L V6, FWD) with 14,000 miles.

Doing some late (post-purchase) research online, I noticed numerous scary complaints made by other 2015 200 owners on the 9-speed transmission slipping into neutral, or even the car stalling in the middle of the highway at 70+ MPH speeds. Very frightening indeed.

Now, on the bright side, I have been driving the car pretty much everyday for the past 2 weeks with absolutely no problem whatsoever. If anything, I really enjoy the 9-speed transmission's tendency to keep the revs low to help save fuel. Overall, I have not noticed any sort of odd behavior or glitch in terms of how the car shifts, feels and drives.

Despite that, I have to admit that had I done the research before pulling the trigger, I would have been strongly discouraged from considering this car, despite the fact that I absolutely love how these things look. Such gorgeous head-turners.

Back on topic. Due to my paranoia, I called my nearest local Chrysler dealer and talked to them about the issue. They asked for the VIN and said the car currently did not have any recall, and that I should be fine.

I also went ahead and called Chrysler's customer service line this morning, talking to them regarding the issue. The rep was quite nice, and seemed welcoming of my concerns. She asked for the VIN number, and took a few minutes to look into the issue. She claimed that the 200 models suffering from the well-known transmission issues were the ones that were built (early-mid) in 2014. Then, she told me that my car was built in February of 2015 at which point Chrysler had already come up with a fix for the transmissions issues. She said I should be more than fine driving the car.

So, having been through all this, I thought it would be a great idea to make a post here and discuss this with some of you guys who own the same make and model.

Considering there has been no recall made for my particular vehicle, and that my car was not an early built, and that I have not noticed any sort of odd transmission behavior in the past couple weeks of daily-driving the car, should I feel confident that this car isn't going to stall on me and get me killed in the middle of the freeway?

Please share some of your experiences. I would really like to hear from the 2015 200 owners whose cars had a manufacturing date of 2015.

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Anyone? Is this car gonna get me killed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RightNow100 View Post
    No, it's not. Just be careful, like with any vehicle. Any vehicle can have a problem, but it's good driver that knows how to react to any condition.
    If your car doesn't exhibit any symptoms, then continue to enjoy your new to you car. Remember too, it's still under the 5 year, 100K powertrain warranty.
    Enjoy your ride !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RightNow100 View Post
    I wouldn't lose any sleep. A good number of people join and post here because of issues with their vehicles, so most of the things you see here may be about that. It certainly does not represent the majority of Chrysler 200's sold. The earlier build ones had more issues than any of them (cars built in 2014 but model 2015). That said, since you bought pre-owned, likely all the issues the original owner had if any have already been worked out, and it seems the transmission issues that happen, happen early in the vehicles life. I wouldn't worry. Enjoy you car! You stumbled on to something I bet you don't fully realize that you own. It's superior to it's competition in many ways.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    18% tint, OEM all weather floor mats

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    15% tint, 5% tint front window strip

Hidden Content

Thanks

Congratulations on the recent purchase! I recently bought a 2015 200S with about 18k miles on it as well. I heard about people experiencing these issues well before I purchased my vehicle though. If your vehicle doesn't have a recall, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. It would be a huge liability for Chrysler to have vehicles on the road with the issues you describe and therefore the ones that do have issues have been recalled.

To ease your mind, I've driven several rental 2015 200's with close to 50k miles for hundreds of miles and never once had an issue. My in-laws also have a '15 with 40k miles on it. I'm willing to bet it was one of the first 200's of the line as they ordered it around the first of the year (2015). They've taken their's on several road trips and never had an issue. I love the vehicle and have heard good things from other owners! Just enjoy your new car and the many years and miles of service it will give you!

Thanks

RightNow100 insert your VIN into THIS site to see if there are any outstanding recalls for your vehicle.
    2015 Chrysler 200 Limited - Build Date 03/15 - Vivid Blue
    Black Cloth Interior
    3.6L 6cy
    8.4A System - Nav Activated
    Comfort Group
    18"x 8" Satin Silver Rims with Bridgestone Ecopias 235/45/18
    Rims are : 18"x 8" : 5x110 : Bore 65.1 : Offset 41mm
    Winter Rims; Hidden Content with Hidden Content . 225/50/18
    35% Tint
    Yellow gas cap
    Added Cargo Net
    Replaced the Brake/Turn Signal Light Bulbs With Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fltru103 View Post
    No, it's not. Just be careful, like with any vehicle. Any vehicle can have a problem, but it's good driver that knows how to react to any condition.
    If your car doesn't exhibit any symptoms, then continue to enjoy your new to you car. Remember too, it's still under the 5 year, 100K powertrain warranty.
    Enjoy your ride !
    Yeah, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I wouldn't lose any sleep. A good number of people join and post here because of issues with their vehicles, so most of the things you see here may be about that. It certainly does not represent the majority of Chrysler 200's sold. The earlier build ones had more issues than any of them (cars built in 2014 but model 2015). That said, since you bought pre-owned, likely all the issues the original owner had if any have already been worked out, and it seems the transmission issues that happen, happen early in the vehicles life. I wouldn't worry. Enjoy you car! You stumbled on to something I bet you don't fully realize that you own. It's superior to it's competition in many ways.
    Amazing car for sure. Coming from a Mustang GT, this car sure doesn't disappoint in terms of power delivery either.

Quote Originally Posted by fri200 View Post
    Congratulations on the recent purchase! I recently bought a 2015 200S with about 18k miles on it as well. I heard about people experiencing these issues well before I purchased my vehicle though. If your vehicle doesn't have a recall, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. It would be a huge liability for Chrysler to have vehicles on the road with the issues you describe and therefore the ones that do have issues have been recalled.

To ease your mind, I've driven several rental 2015 200's with close to 50k miles for hundreds of miles and never once had an issue. My in-laws also have a '15 with 40k miles on it. I'm willing to bet it was one of the first 200's of the line as they ordered it around the first of the year (2015). They've taken their's on several road trips and never had an issue. I love the vehicle and have heard good things from other owners! Just enjoy your new car and the many years and miles of service it will give you!
    Good to know. I have driven the car for about 300 more miles (after making the post) and it's only been awesomeness! Looks like I got a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock249 View Post
    RightNow100 insert your VIN into THIS to see if there are any outstanding recalls for your vehicle.
    Already checked. No recall for my car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.