Chrysler 200 Forum banner

Wiring for Center High Mounted Stop Light

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  genes 
#1 ·
Have any of you found the connections for the CHMSL in the 200C. I have added "flashers" to the CHMSL in all of my other vehicles but the wiring is hidden on this one. I don't actually need to get to the light, just the wiring going to it.

#2 ·
[h=2]REMOVAL[/h]
Labor Operations: Click to display a list of Labor Operations associated with this procedure

[h=4][/h]
  1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
  2. Remove the rear package tray. (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/PANEL, Rear Shelf/Removal) .
  3. Disconnect the electrical connection from the CHMSL (1) assembly.
  4. Remove two screws (2) that secure the CHMSL to the shelf assembly.
  5. Remove the CHMSL assembly from the shelf panel.

#3 ·
[h=2]REMOVAL[/h]
Labor Operations: Click to display a list of Labor Operations associated with this procedure

NOTE:Left side shown, right side similar.
[h=4][/h]
  1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the D-pillar trim panels (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/PANEL, D-Pillar Trim/Removal) .
  3. Remove the rear seat cushion (Refer to 23 - Body/Seats/SEAT/Removal) .
  4. Remove the nut (2) and lift to remove the rear seat bolster (1).
  5. Disconnect the rear seat belt anchors (Refer to 10 - Restraints/RETRACTOR, Seat Belt - Removal) .

6. Remove the four push fasteners (2).
  7. Pull the rear shelf panel (1) slightly forward to disengage the retaining hooks from the rear shelf. Do not fully remove.
  8. Disconnect the stop lamp harness connector.
  9. Feed the rear seat belts through the openings in the rear shelf panel and remove.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.