I need MO-PAR (an old man in the back woods trying to say more power LOL
NEWS
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need MO-PAR (an old man in the back woods trying to say more power LOL

Thanks

Cool I need MO-PAR (an old man in the back woods trying to say more power LOL

Where the H3LL is a turbo kit for the Penta Star 200 already? And beside I really do need more power (MOPAR) I am tired of looking and waiting, and waiting, and waiting sheesh! I know a tune is out there, but I need 400 H.P.'s please. I KNOW it can be done, anyone had a custom fan put on one of these cars? (fan is a turbo as I fondly call it, cause all it does is blow!)

Thank all!
    Thank you everyone

Streeking Streetking A.K.A The King!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Hey buddy! I'd like "MO-PAR" as well. Seems like I have heard that saying somewhere before... from an old man, but in the city...

There are supercharger kits for the Pentastar in the 300, Charger and Challenger...and I think the Ram. Nothing for FWD based vehicles with the Pentastar.

I am not anticipating that there will ever be a bolt on turbo or supercharger made for this car. If it were more "popular" maybe in a few years there would be but I am not seeing that this is the kind of car that will attract that type of aftermarket. It's a shame because it's a much better start than an old Honda Civic or Scion TC.
    Last edited by Black Knight; 03-23-2017 at 07:24 PM.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

Hidden Content

Thanks

I have been deeply looking at the Jeep/Wrangler S/C kits. Two major issues are hood clearance and the S/C idler bracket which is where the passenger side motor mount is. But, from what I can see so far, you could possibly fabricate a new mount that essentially marries the bracket and new mount. Seriously looks very doable. I contacted Magnuson and Sprintex with no feedback. Sucks cause Sprintex USA HQ is about an hour away. But....IMO, the Edelbrock kit seems the best. Don't have the money right now for any kit. But if I could get a S/C bracket, I believe I could modify it and the mount to work, or a new mount fabricated to the bracket. The rest of the kit that wouldn't match is just hoses and the tube from the TB to intake box. And the questionable hood clearance. Then the PCM unlock and tuning.

IDK, rant for the night is over.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

So I'm just curious... What would you do with more power? I run e85 with no mods and my 235s are beeing stalled by the traction control every time I get anywhere near the gas. So, would it really matter if you have 300, 400 or even 500hp? You can't put the power down on a front wheel drive car anyways. If it was rear wheel drive or if you have an AWD version maybe, but then again, I don't think our clutch or the AWD system could handle much more power than already available.

Don't get me wrong, I'm always for more power, but if I need so much power that only a turbo or a SC can help, I'd be driving a V8 Challenger not the 200. For my everyday driving, this is good enough. Maybe you have the wrong type of car for what you want...
    Last edited by daleksic; 03-24-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gokart2 View Post
    I have been deeply looking at the Jeep/Wrangler S/C kits. Two major issues are hood clearance and the S/C idler bracket which is where the passenger side motor mount is. But, from what I can see so far, you could possibly fabricate a new mount that essentially marries the bracket and new mount. Seriously looks very doable. I contacted Magnuson and Sprintex with no feedback. Sucks cause Sprintex USA HQ is about an hour away. But....IMO, the Edelbrock kit seems the best. Don't have the money right now for any kit. But if I could get a S/C bracket, I believe I could modify it and the mount to work, or a new mount fabricated to the bracket. The rest of the kit that wouldn't match is just hoses and the tube from the TB to intake box. And the questionable hood clearance. Then the PCM unlock and tuning.

IDK, rant for the night is over.
    Almost anything could be done on a custom basis. If someone were so inclined they could actually build a kit and sell it, but then how many people would actually purchase and spend the thousands of $$ it would cost?

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD

Lease returned 1/28/17

Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daleksic View Post
    So I'm just curious... What would you do with more power? I run e85 with no mods and my 235s are beeing stalled by the traction control every time I get anywhere near the gas. So, would it really matter if you have 300, 400 or even 500hp? You can't put the power down on a front wheel drive car anyways.
    That's another reason I went with an AWD version - my 235's stick like glue besides a very short chirp/burnout depending on the temperature outside or if wipers are on etc... My first gen 200 was great when tuned but off the line they were not that much faster because of wheel spin. Also, very annoying when the asphalt was damp.

I run E85 most of the time as well.
    Last edited by Black Knight; 03-24-2017 at 01:43 PM.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD

Lease returned 1/28/17

Hidden Content

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:

daleksic(03-24-2017)

Thanks

I do see your point tho daleksic. I am actually very satisfied with mine - and was with the 1st gen 200's, but a little faster would always be welcomed, but i'm not willing to spend the $$ to supercharge or turbocharge it. I am thinking of tuning it however. For whatever reason just knowing I can decide what speed my vehicle is limited to is satisfying even if I never exceed what it was limited to in the first place.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD

Lease returned 1/28/17

Hidden Content

Thanks

Black Knight, I don't disagree with moderate tuning. I do it, everybody does one way or another, however, if you buy a car with 100hp and you trying to get 200hp out of it, you are obviously in the wrong car. Our cars are not necessarily made to run with a turbo or SC. Anything is doable. I saw a Pentastar Challenger with SC and running faster than a V8 Hemi. The parts in the V6 challenger or even V8 will not be up to par with the Hellcat. It would not last.

My last car was a Fiat 500 and I wished for a bit more Power. Come to find out, even though the Abarth has the same engine, same clutch, the internals of both were not the same. The standard Fiat 500 101hp could only be pushed to about 135hp safely before it started to shred itself. The Abarth on the other hand, I've seen pushed beyond 200hp without problems. After some research, I found out that other than the engine block all the internals were completely different. So, yes I could have popped a turbo on it. It wouldn't have survived a dozen 1/4 mile runs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chrysler put different internals in ours vs the V6 challenger. My Fiat, technically, came from the same company.

Thanks

Depends on many things. I am on the hwy 99% of the time, therefore my racing is usually 60 to the moon. I have no troubles with wheel spin or TC. And I'd pull on an AWD heavier car. Pulled on an AMG G wagon bi-turbo today. I about **** my pants and I'm sure he did too.

Modifying vehicles is in my blood. My whole family has off the wall cars that shouldn't make the power they do. My uncle's 450whp 2.3L SVO turbo sandrail, his 12 second Pinto wagon, my brothers 450whp stupid expensive VW Bug. Intial cost is an factor, could only afford this instead of the Lamborghini. Therefore I'm gonna work with what I have.

Also, I would consider buying a $5k blower kit, if I could afford it at the time and the wife allowed. I drink diet pop, you might not like too.

Thanks

These transmissions can handle up to 354ft lbs from the engine

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.