Hello from kentucky
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from kentucky

Thanks

Thumbs up Hello from kentucky

Hello guys,
    I bought 2015 200 limited on July 2016, so happy with it so far. But sometimes when the transmission shifts between 1st to 2nd gear the car jerks, and sometimes when I want to stop, it makes hard stops. And when I want to stop on a stop sing without full stop, the transmission stays on the 3rd gear even if the speed is 5 m/h.
    Do you guys have the same problem?
    Thank you all..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nash-jab View Post
    Hello guys,
    I bought 2015 200 limited on July 2016, so happy with it so far. But sometimes when the transmission shifts between 1st to 2nd gear the car jerks, and sometimes when I want to stop, it makes hard stops. And when I want to stop on a stop sing without full stop, the transmission stays on the 3rd gear even if the speed is 5 m/h.
    Do you guys have the same problem?
    Thank you all..
    Welcome nash-jab.
    That is something many of us have had. I believe a TCM / PCM update was supposed to address that issue. Ask your local dealer if your car has had those updates.
    Ours did the same exact thing. After the updates, it improved, but it's still a transmission that requires some getting used to driving.
    Check for the R01 campaign. Also the R24 recall, power distribution electrical connector. Lastly, the S55 recall.
    Good luck and let us know what you find.

Thanks

Yup that's right,I've read a lot about these problems, I will do what you recommended and let you guys know. Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I went to the dealership today in order to do tcm update, but he told me that there is no update available for my car now. how can I figure out if my car needs a tcm update? thanks

Thanks

I went to the dealership today in order to do tcm update, but he told me that there is no update available for my car now. how can I figure out if my car needs a tcm update? thanks
    How would the dealer know, without physically checking you car, if the latest TSB has been performed ?
    This is the latest TSB that applies to improving the quality of the shifts. Print, take to the dealer and ask them to please check if your vehicle needs this update. http://www.wk2jeeps.com/Misc/Cheroke..._21_015_16.pdf
    Otherwise all you can do is try another dealer that may be more receptive to helping you.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, he did not physically check my car, just opened the computer and said there is no updates available for my car. I will try another dealership as you said. Thanks a lot.

Thanks

Man!! I went to another dealer ship and he did the software update and flushing for the transmission, and my car now is doing very fine. No more jerks and smoother than before, especially when shifting down. I love it more now!!! Thank you very much for your recommendations man, I really appreciate it.

Thanks

Man!! I went to another dealer ship and he did the software update and flushing for the transmission, and my car now is doing very fine. No more jerks and smoother than before, especially when shifting down. I love it more now!!! Thank you very much for your recommendations man, I really appreciate it.
    Plenty of useful info available on this forum. Keep checking in and looking around. Glad another dealer was able to help.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.