Chrysler 200 Forum banner

Eibach Lowering Springs!

24K views 52 replies 12 participants last post by  Aphelan96 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

New to the forums, and first post.

I came here to say that i've been talking with Eibach USA and they are considering building lowering springs for our cars.
They seem skeptical, as there hasn't been alot of call for springs for these cars yet.

If you are even sort of remotely interested, please go to the Eibach Website, click on "eibach wants your vehicle" and then fill out the form and request springs.

There is nearly 300,000 Chrysler 200's produced for North America alone. Once in production, the springs will sell.

I personally can't wait to get rid of the humpback whale appearance of an otherwise excellent looking car.

#2 ·
eibach . com/america/en/eibach-wants-your-vehicle

Don't have enough posts to forward the link properly.

I've been talking with Michael and their marketing team, it sounds like it could happen - and very soon.
A small push is all they may need.

#9 ·
You aren't necessarily "signing up". By you filling out the form, you are simply saying that you have a Chrysler 200 - and you want springs for it.
At the bottom of the application list - choose "other" and then put in Your make and model and info.

#16 ·
I am so **** excited!!!!

#17 ·
Hi Guys, Just an update.... It sounds like the springs are going to be available at the end of this month.

The Eibach Website says that they're intended for a 200C FWD.
Don't be thrown off by this. They will indeed fit all FWD models.
** I've confirmed by a Mopar parts catalog that the AWD cars share the same upper and lower mounting points.... Meaning these also should fit the AWD cars.

After speaking with Michael Seidman in engineering at Eibach, he says that they haven't listed them to fit the AWD cars yet - simply because they haven't done the testing on them yet. Go figure.

If you live in the Southern California area and have an AWD 200, or even a 200 period... Please contact Eibach. Chances are, you'll get a free set of springs.
http://eibach.com/america/en/eibach-wants-your-vehicle

Or hit me up via PM, i'll shoot you Michael's e-mail address and you can connect for a test-fit.

-Craig

#22 ·
Ok. Im in Toronto. Let me know how low yours go after you install it. I want to have an idea of how it looks before I order it too. This is a daily driver and its being raped by all sorts of rock chips everyday on the 400 so if the springs doesn't lower by much, I might just abandon ship this car and leave it as it is.

Ive been trying to baby it as much as I could but the other day I was passing a truck and I saw like 5 to 6 rocks fling up into the car. I almost cried. =(

#25 · (Edited)
The suspension is the same, 2.4 vs 3.6, LX vs C vs S, FWD and AWD have a small variance but are said to be mostly spring rate changes.

If you look at a parts schematic for the car, all models, engines and drivetrain layouts use the same upper and lower mounting points. The biggest changes were always spring rate. Now with Eibach, the spring rate is progressive, and at a lowered stance.

I'm sure they'll work well, I just haven't been able to try them yet.

#26 ·
I understand that the mounting points are all the same and that the springs will physically fit on the car. It's the spring rates that concern me. The 4 cyl model is lighter than the 6, particularly in the front end. The front springs, which according to Eibach are not progressive, are only 30 in/lbs stiffer than the stock 4 cyl springs. On a 6 this is going to give you more than a 1" drop and you're going to sit front-end low. From a performance standpoint they might be a break even or possibly softer than the stock springs.

#27 ·
Okay. "Only" 30 in/lbs is enough to make up for the difference in vehicle weight.

We're trying to compare OEM springs to Aftermarket springs vs car weights correct?

A 200 LX 2.4 FWD with cloth weighs 3473 according to Edmunds.com
A 200 S 3.6 AWD with leather weighs 3795 according to Edmunds.com

The OEM 2.4 Springs are 188 in/lbs front, 177 in/lbs rear
The Eibach springs are 217 in/lbs front, 194 in/lbs rear (progressive)

Divide the larger number by the smaller number in each pairing of numbers.

The Eibach springs will produce a lowered ride (1.0 inch drop) with stiffer handling on a 2.4 FWD

The Eibach springs should be slightly stiffer than stock (.06 in/lb) in the front of a 3.6 AWD car, and the same as stock in the rear.
However, because the rear are progressive, they should in fact suit a FWD or AWD 3.6 the same due to the spring rate ramp up.

Someone in the USA who has better access to them should give them a go... I'm still waiting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.