Premium Fog Light Install
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Premium Fog Light Install

Thanks

Default Premium Fog Light Install

I picked up a set of premium fog lights (the complete housing) off amazon and I figured it would be pretty straight forward and involve removing a couple screws and the stock fog light housings would come right out...nope. They appear to be stuck to the bumper firmly with clips? I'm not entirely sure but after removing a couple screws from one fog light housing I was not able to get it to budge from the bumper and I fear this will involve me taking the front bumper off to get the fog light housings off and the new ones on. Has anyone had any experience with this at all?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Just wanted to update what I found. My local dealer explained that the premium fog lights are not comparable with the 200s bumper and the lower facia area holding in the projector fog lights and the entire lower parts of the front bumper need to be replaced with the 200c parts in order to mount the premium fog lights. Chrysler definitely made it expensive to upgrade the non premium lighting headlights and fog lights to the premium parts. The fog lights will plug into the wiring harness without any issues which is a plus however the dealer stated that the parts and time to install the premium fog lights would Ben around $1,000 so I'm getting a detailed quote to get parts and eventually I'll will come back to have them install the fog lights.

Thanks

are you going to come back to do it? im the guy who worked on it. ill hook you up and get it done cheaper for ya.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kstuart5457 View Post
    are you going to come back to do it? im the guy who worked on it. ill hook you up and get it done cheaper for ya.
    Hey yeah I plan on it. Do I need to schedule a time to bring it in?

Thanks

if you just bring it in early i can get it done same day. if you want to schedule you can

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kstuart5457 View Post
    if you just bring it in early i can get it done same day. if you want to schedule you can
    Sounds good thanks. Went in and already order the bezel parts needed. I will probably have you guys checkout my coolant also, the reservoir goes almost empty after I have added coolant to it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.