Killer deal on a 2016 Chrysler 200 Limited - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Killer deal on a 2016 Chrysler 200 Limited

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jxbane View Post
    The new 200s had major issues. One of note is the rollaway problem with the new transmission. I'm sure they had many factors in deciding to end production of both.
    Very few of them actually had that problem. The factors stated by FCA were what i stated - over production of the Dart and 200 and lack of sales. If the reason for ending production were because of reliability, they would discontinue the Cherokee as well since it's on the same platform, and actually has more issues than the 200.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    18% tint, OEM all weather floor mats

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    15% tint, 5% tint front window strip

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Very few of them actually had that problem. The factors stated by FCA were what i stated - over production of the Dart and 200 and lack of sales. If the reason for ending production were because of reliability, they would discontinue the Cherokee as well since it's on the same platform, and actually has more issues than the 200.
    A variety of issues is usually needed to end production of a vehicle. There have been articles detailing the losses incurred from building the 200s and darts considering the demand for trucks and SUVs. Reliability issues don't help either. I'm not saying that one problem led to the demise of the model but for the third time, a variety of issues.

My original reason for posting in this thread wasn't to scream "buyer beware" but to be on the lookout for certain issues. I'm dealing now with a common heating issue that if I had known sooner, I would have addressed in the summer.

I enjoy my 200 and plan to keep t for another two years. With that said, it's worth it to poke around the forums and know what to look out for - that goes for any car.

I don't care to delve deeper into why these cars won't be made anymore.

Thanks

With that said, it's worth it to poke around the forums and know what to look out for - that goes for any car.

I agree, but my intent in replying to your post was to point out that the 200 it is a very reliable vehicle but like ANY car may have issues, and to clarify that production wasn't ended because of reliabilty issues that some are common to all FCA vehicles including ones not on the same platform.

Not all pervious gen 200 have the coolant issue, neither of mine did and probably the majority don't, I agree it's always good to do your research before purchase so you know what you may be up against.

Fortunately this forum has good detailed information on recalls, TSB's and other issues for the Chrysler 200, and ways to resolve or prevent things from happening in the first place etc...
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    18% tint, OEM all weather floor mats

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    15% tint, 5% tint front window strip

Hidden Content

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:

fltru103 (01-11-2017)

Thanks

The new 200s had major issues. One of note is the rollaway problem with the new transmission. I'm sure they had many factors in deciding to end production of both.
    The 200 actually does not have this issue. If you open the door while the car is in-gear, it activates the E-brake. The E-brake on this car was specifically designed to keep the car stopped even if in drive.

You are mixing two different stories. The rollaway issue was on older FCA cars that debuted between the first and second generation 200's, with the joystick shifter. The transmission issue on the 200 was related to poor shifting points, and this was corrected via a software update. Unfortunately some like Consumer Reports never re-reviewed the 200 after this update was released (insert somewhat-valid commentary about dishonest media here).
    2015 200S V6 FWD - Mopar Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pentastar For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (01-09-2017), fltru103 (01-11-2017)

Thanks

Enjoy you car everyone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pentastar View Post
    The 200 actually does not have this issue. If you open the door while the car is in-gear, it activates the E-brake. The E-brake on this car was specifically designed to keep the car stopped even if in drive.

You are mixing two different stories. The rollaway issue was on older FCA cars that debuted between the first and second generation 200's, with the joystick shifter. The transmission issue on the 200 was related to poor shifting points, and this was corrected via a software update. Unfortunately some like Consumer Reports never re-reviewed the 200 after this update was released (insert somewhat-valid commentary about dishonest media here).
    Lol it's funny how the media can kinda brainwash you into mixing these reports. You are 100% right.

In my mind, the issue of shifting into park and the roll away prob were one of the same. You can excuse my reasoning for mixing them up.

For what its worth, I've got a real soft spot for Chrysler as they seem to push the envelope in terms of keeping it old school with the big, strong rwd cars. I just wish they put a bit more effort into the 200s. Later y'all

Thanks

They were discontinued because no one bought them!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cjenish For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (01-10-2017)

Thanks

Lucky Guy.... Timing is EVERYTHING! What a deal!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.