Chrysler 200 Forum banner

Scored a killer deal?

10K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  brockalee09 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2015 Chrysler 200 Limited (granite color, base + backup camera) with 7000 on the odo for $12K pre tax and registration. Think its a killer deal?

#4 ·
If it had a V6, I'd say it's a good deal. I4 Limiteds, used, have been sold for around $10k at this point.

FCA never really touted that $2,000 V6 upgrade got you way more than $2k in upgrades. Stronger transmission and 300-sized brakes.

#7 · (Edited)
We just purchased ours 3 weeks ago. LOVE IT.

I got a great deal too.
2015 200S
13K Miles
V6 3.6L
Nav, Backup Camera, 8.4 Uconnect
19 Rims
Heated / Vented Seats and Steering wheel
Blind Spot Detection, Remote start
$14.500

That is a great deal scotty. I picked up almost the exact same car this weekend, but mine had the panoramic sunroof and AWD in addition to your list and about 20k miles and I paid $17k. I felt like I got a solid deal, but you definitely scored on yours.

#11 ·
I handed down my '15 Dart to my son as a College graduation gift and got my new 2016 200C Platinum on June 16th of this year. The car sat on the dealer's lot for about 13 months. Optioned with V6, Platinum Package 26P, Safety/Tec, Premium Group, Panoramic Sunroof and Uconnect 8.4 Nav. MSRP of $36,460. Negotiated price of car to over $10,000 off at $26,280. After taxes and fees, out-the-door total came to $29,501. Love the car and love the features. The Adaptive Cruise Control is amazing - drove over 400 miles on the freeway from Los Angeles to San Francisco and only applied the brakes once. The car handled deceleration and acceleration perfectly - what an easy drive.

#12 ·
Congratulations on your new ride. You've apparently concluded, as most of us would agree, that this is car represents a lot of value for the price. I concur on the adaptive cruise control, definitely reduces fatigue on a long drive - I totally miss it when driving another vehicle - and Safety Tec package in general, several well engineered features for the price.

Best of luck going forward. Hope you have a conscientious dealer who has already performed all applicable software updates and recall checks for you.

One additional concern I would have, since the car sat at the dealer for 13 months, would be the longevity of the battery. Lead-sulfuric acid batteries, sitting at sub-optimum voltage, as they quickly will when connected to a modern electronics-laden vehicle like this and not kept charged, are subject to sulfation, a reaction that can reduce capacity and even short out cells causing the battery to fail completely, on top of which there have been a few premature battery failures noted here, including my own, so the original equipment batteries might not be of the greatest quality to start with. So something to keep an eye on - dealer will replace under 36 month warranty if it fails - but still could present a significant inconvenience.

#13 ·
Thanx for the heads-up regarding the battery. I had a similar concern and asked the dealer to replace it prior to delivery. They preferred to charge it for an hour. I had the battery tested this afternoon and it "passed" putting out 730 CCA but I will keep an eye on it. I will make a note to have it tested prior to the expiration of the 36-mos. warranty. As far as software updates, last week I got the Uconnect over-the-air update notice on the nav screen and performed that at the time. I will search for any TSB's involving the car itself but everything is fine at this end. Still amazed with the adaptive cruise control - what a great feature!

#14 ·
Good Man. At least you raised your concern and they charged it for you. The "smart" chargers in use today can reverse sulfation to at least some extent. So hopefully they used a modern charger for a sufficient length of time. After my battery failed, before they would replace it under warranty, they had to do a complete charge and test process on their machine, which took several hours. So it wasn't just a matter of jump-starting the car, taking it in and having them replace the battery. I had to leave it with them overnight. So add to the inconvenience of not starting, two trips to the dealer and over a day without the vehicle.

#15 ·
My wife and I purchased her current 200S AWD in June of this year. It had been on the dealers lot for a while, the only option available that it doesn't have is the upgraded lights, I believe it has every other option offered on the S model's. Sticker was $37,025, and we got it for just over $26k, $28k off the lot. That kind of deal is the main reason I bought new versus low mileage used.

#18 ·
And this was via Carvana? They were pretty easy to deal with? I think we all bought the normal way, but if they are pretty hassle-free, your experience might help a lot of us buy a car in the future... maybe even a 2nd 200 or something else in the family. :)

#19 ·
I got my 2015 200C last August, 2017, with heated leather, 51,000 miles for $12k. I am very happy with it. It does have crappy tires (17" but terrible in snow) so I drive my 2011 Ram sport mostly these days (note where I live) ��

I am amazed how unpopular these cars are for some reason. A dealer in Syracuse still has about 5 2016's on their lot, new! And a dealer not far from here has a new 2015 for sale!

i put Lloyd all weather mats in (very nice, custom fit, $65 from autoanything), I'd love to upgrade to the 8.4 uconnect but I'm hesitant to commit, not being the brightest when it comes to such things!

#20 ·
I got my 2015 200C last August, 2017, with heated leather, 51,000 miles for $12k. I am very happy with it. It does have crappy tires (17" but terrible in snow) so I drive my 2011 Ram sport mostly these days (note where I live) ??

I am amazed how unpopular these cars are for some reason. A dealer in Syracuse still has about 5 2016's on their lot, new! And a dealer not far from here has a new 2015 for sale!

i put Lloyd all weather mats in (very nice, custom fit, $65 from autoanything), I'd love to upgrade to the 8.4 uconnect but I'm hesitant to commit, not being the brightest when it comes to such things!
Was the 12k with warranties?

2015 S i got 2016 with 17k miles. July was 10k extended warrantees where an 3k with tt&l. My seats are heated, i spent 400 to upgrade radio and 200 for the LED Fogs.

#21 ·
There's a Chrysler warranty on the engine and drivetrain until December, 2019 (5 years from the in service date) but I think that applies to all. I've sworn off buying extended warranties, the last two times I did, I did not come close to claims costing anywhere near the cost of the warranty. But each situation is different. I wish I had the 8.4 radio, but with a 12 mile round trip commute, and a truck with a nice radio, it's hard to rationalize the time, effort and money! There was an S model at the same dealer for $4k more, with the 8.4 radio, and 19" tires, but I just couldn't spend another $4000 for nicer tires and radio. Now kinda wish I had. ��

#22 ·
There's a Chrysler warranty on the engine and drivetrain until December, 2019 (5 years from the in service date) but I think that applies to all. I've sworn off buying extended warranties, the last two times I did, I did not come close to claims costing anywhere near the cost of the warranty. But each situation is different. I wish I had the 8.4 radio, but with a 12 mile round trip commute, and a truck with a nice radio, it's hard to rationalize the time, effort and money! There was an S model at the same dealer for $4k more, with the 8.4 radio, and 19" tires, but I just couldn't spend another $4000 for nicer tires and radio. Now kinda wish I had. ??
Not gonna lie, i did a little hustle to my car dealer and they had it for 190 days, so he took a mini on it.

I went online for the extra stuff like radio and lights. Total i spent 800 for the radio and lights. I self installed until radio to be sale coded. So vins wont clash.

I do the new warranties they will cover the electronics of the car, you will need it for sure. Im not taking the chance anyways. So an additional 1.5k ish for 6yr and 100k mi. Warranties i was sold. Call up chrysler cap and see what you would be paying for one your self. Highly recommend with fiat.

#24 ·
I took delivery of the car a little over two years ago and have put over 33,000 miles on the odometer. Last Thursday startup was sluggish and the next day the battery was D.O.A. My dealer has an express line for oil changes etc so I brought in the car without an appointment. They tested the battery, which failed, and put in a new one for free under the 3 yr/36 mos factor warranty which has less than 3,000 miles to go until it expires. Great timing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.