5.0 to 8.4 front speakers not working
NEWS
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5.0 to 8.4 front speakers not working

Thanks

Default 5.0 to 8.4 front speakers not working

I updated my radio today, or atleast attempting to, and getting the flashing mileage but also my door or dash speakers are not working. I know the flashing mileage is a norm when updating, but anyone else have the same problem with the speakers? I just don't want to pay to have the dealer do a Proxi scan only to find out it's something else.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Well, it is straight forward so if you ONLY changed the radio and the speakers are not working, it means they are not connected properly. Are you sure they were working before? Not all 200 have the same speaker setup but the connection is the same for all 200.

As far as flashing milleage, you will need a proxi alignment to fix this.
    2015 200 S V6 FWD
    Bright white (built 07/14) service 11/14
    Interior: Leather/Cloth Black and blue
    19 inches Hyper Black rims
    UConnect 8.4A w/Nav
    Sun, Sound and comfort groups
    Rockford Fosgate T165-S, T1693
    JL Audio 13W3V3-2 Sub
    JL Audio JX 360/4, JX 500/1D amps
    JL Audio SSI CleanSweep
    JL Audio CL441 DSP
    Phillips Ultinon 6000k fog lights
    TRS HID kit

Thanks

I did a test between the two radios last night and all 6 speakers worked with my 5.0, but only the rear worked with the 8.4. I also noticed that I did not have the ability to control the volume of them as well. No matter turning the volume on the center console or behind the steering wheel the volume never changed. I did notice too the "surround sound" option on 8.4 didn't work either.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

sounds like a painINtheAss bro, i need my beats wen im driving.
    Chrysler 200 Limited, 2.4L I-4 Cyl 9 Speed Automatic, Granite Crystal Metallic.
    Built 6/15
    MODS
    Blue Led Interior Lights
    20% Tint Windows
    HRK HID KIT 6000K
    Starr 718 Gastby Rims

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brandonaddis View Post
    I did a test between the two radios last night and all 6 speakers worked with my 5.0, but only the rear worked with the 8.4. I also noticed that I did not have the ability to control the volume of them as well. No matter turning the volume on the center console or behind the steering wheel the volume never changed. I did notice too the "surround sound" option on 8.4 didn't work either.
    It sounds like the amplifier calibration may have been lost in the firmware update. You will need WiTECH to reprogram this.

Tell your dealer that you need WiTECH to change the radio programming to set the amp to the base speakers. If that doesn't fix it, while they have it plugged in, have the dealer completely reflash the unit - since you're out the service time anyways.

Can't be 100% on this, it could be a failed head unit.
    2015 200S V6 FWD - Mopar Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty

Thanks

Luckily I have an appointment with the dealer to check out my "flashing odometer". I have the 5.0 radio in currently until morning of my appointment. Since the car is still under warranty and it's a "factory radio" it'll get fixed. Otherwise it looks like I'll be returning the radio.

Thanks

Just incase anyone in the future reads this, or wants further information, the re-flash of the computer fixed my issues. It took them roughly an hour and a half to do all the updates and I was out the door. No cost, all covered under warranty depending on how you word everything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brandonaddis View Post
    Just incase anyone in the future reads this, or wants further information, the re-flash of the computer fixed my issues. It took them roughly an hour and a half to do all the updates and I was out the door. No cost, all covered under warranty depending on how you word everything.
    And how did you word it might I ask?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

Were you able to have this problem fixed, I had the same problem today, installed my 8.4 adio only rear seakers work? did u get this resolved & what did you say to dealer to fix the speaker and odometer problem?

Thanks

May you please tell me what to tel the dealership, my Front Speakers aren't working either & my Odomoter is Flashing, how do I word this so they fix the problem , PLEASE REPLY I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THEM IN TWO DAYS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.