As the title states, over the last week, I've gotten the "Vehicle Phone Requires Service" message 3 times. LED on mirror goes red... got it to go off by pressing assist and making a call that way.
Did a bunch of web searches and in most cases, dealers are replacing the units.
- I tried to do an update, it freezes at Unit 9 "Sierra Air Card" at 1% of unit, and 73% of total update. The message "Sierra Wireless: bolo file install failed. Please remove USB stick to reset" appears and then you can try it again.. Note: to get out of the loop, take USB out when in Unit 1 and it should go back to normal. Also the software shows the new version and Siri works now.
- Reformatted USB, and redownloaded file, no luck.
- Reset radio in engineering menu, no help
- Most times the Uconnect Icon shows "3G"... other times it does not
- I can connect to "assist" with the mirror buttons and then select one of the three options and it calls just fine (if I have 3G showing). 911 button sometimes will work.
- Note: My uconnect one year trial was over well over a year ago, so no active subscription (do you need a sub for 911 and assist to work)
- GPS fine..
- Radio seems fine today.. Only issue is it wont finish the update, suggesting Air Card is bad, yet 3G shows and I can contact uconnect through the assist button (using the air card!)..