Seat belt chime disabling
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seat belt chime disabling

Thanks

Default Seat belt chime disabling

Not sure if it's possible or if I have overlooked it, but is there a trick to turning off the seat belt chime? In past Fords I or family have owned, there's a procedure in the car manual to disable the seat belt chime. I'm guessing it's not an option, like in my wife's GMC. But even in that car I don't find it 1/100th of a percent annoying as in this car. I'd like to mention I wear my seat belt ALL the time. I am a member of the "upside down club" and realize it's importance. It's just like if my wife removes her's while we're driving to assist to the little one in the back seat or something. It seems to chime every 5 sec which is a bit overboard IMO. I also don't want to do any resistor hack or anything like that. I wonder if it can be disabled via the Chrysler programmer at the dealer? Do we have any Chrysler technicians on the site?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Dealers won't touch it. Even though they have the capability they don't want to get into a lawsuit. I tried with several FCA cars. My backpack is always on my passenger seat which is heavy and it triggers the **** seatbelt chime. Amazon sells dummy plugs. Works for most cars.

https://www.amazon.com/CIKIShield-sa...words=seatbelt

4. The Following User Says Thank You to daleksic For This Useful Post:

gokart2 (03-16-2017)

Thanks

Thank you sir! LMFAO that it's a bottle opener as well. Always have my backpack there as well, luckily though that hasn't triggered it yet. Guess I'm not packing as heavy.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

CUSTOMER PROGRAMMING SEQUENCE

NOTE: The following sequence of events must occur within 60 seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the ON position in order for the programming to be completed successfully.
    1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver side front seat belt.
    2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds) .
    3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.
    4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except ON or START to toggle the BELTMINDER feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.

also here is a link from youtube on how to do it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s46pVKkG5VM

or you can just google it .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Percy For This Useful Post:

gokart2 (03-17-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Percy View Post
    CUSTOMER PROGRAMMING SEQUENCE

NOTE: The following sequence of events must occur within 60 seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the ON position in order for the programming to be completed successfully.
    1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver side front seat belt.
    2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds) .
    3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.
    4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except ON or START to toggle the BELTMINDER feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.

also here is a link from youtube on how to do it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s46pVKkG5VM

or you can just google it .

THANK YOU! Exactly what I was after. Worked perfectly and as expected/hoped! I looked through the manual and assumed there wasn't a procedure since it wasn't listed. I should have asked the almighty Google afterwards. But thanks again, this should be stickied IMO.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.