Chrysler 200 Forum banner

DIY Performance Parts for the 200

78K views 63 replies 23 participants last post by  MATEOD1 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have been working with a buddy of mine for some performance handling and braking ideas along with some small horsepower adders. So far it's been an uphill battle but finally got a few done and ready to test. For now they are only prototypes and will test them and post pics hopefully by the weekend.

Parts to test:
Strut tower bar
rear tie bar
Steel braided brake lines
Cold air intake
new drilled and slotted rotors
new calipers
new mapped ecu****being done with a wreck car ecu and still very much in the beginning stages.

Any questions just email me
untouchable4206@gmail.com

#3 ·
Yes I know about the factory strut bar but I notice it flexed a lot on the dyno so I made a new one.

#5 ·
I am absolutely psych'd about the ecu... that would absolutely be on my list to purchase. I understand how the process works... development, test, development, test etc... But I still have to ask, what characteristics are you working on remapping? Any chance on advancing the **** drive by wire response time?

#7 ·
The only thing as of now we are working on is the shift pattern. The car has great power but the shift pattern was designed by a 5 year old. Hopefully this weekend i'll have more news.

#9 ·
yea and when you can downshift it's very rough and makes a horrible noise that can't be good for the tranny.

#10 ·
#11 ·
Sorry I haven't posted some more info on the parts yet. The holidaynhas geld me up a little. I do have some unfortunate info on the ecu though. So far it's a no go. Every time we change something the check engine light comes on and the engine goes into limp mode. IDK yet but maybe a tuning shop can help.

#12 ·
Ok yea the ecu is a no definitely. I'll leave that to Hypertech hopefully. I did finish the air intake after about 4 different designs, I finally found one that makes good power and sounds amazing. A shorter tube made 1 more horsepower, but you couldn't hear it. The longer tube design made the sound come alive and sound mean. I can live without the 1 horsepower for the sound! Hope you like the pics.

Auto part Muffler Cylinder
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive super charger part
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive super charger part
Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Fuel line
Land vehicle Vehicle Engine Car Auto part

#14 ·
I don't know. Send me a detailed picture of your engine setup and I'll see what I can do.

#15 ·
#16 ·
I done one of these, sounds awesome but without the mopar style heat shield its pretty much worthless as far as power gains! I've noticed a power decrease cause the iat temps were even with the engine temp around town. Hot air equals loss of power!

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#17 ·
Yea I got a heat shield coming this week in the mail. I'll post some more pictures when I get it put on. The heat shield online was only $15.

#18 ·
Ah, Travis9935, I forgot to add that when I did the dyno runs at my buddies shop the hood was open and the cool air was coming in. With the hood down the fans blow hot air directly on the filter. Again the heat shield I ordered will solve this. Any other improvments from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

#20 ·
I ordered a universal heat shield and a remote cold air duct that brings in air from the front.

#22 ·
Finally found and pieced together a complete suspension package for the Chrysler 200 S. This also includes the 4 cyl models as well. I am dealing with the dealer in my area to get part numbers as soon as possible. Hopefully by tomorrow I will have them. Compared to Eibach this would be considered stage 3 upgrade.

Upgraded parts include:

Heavy Duty Struts( Sport )
Larger front and rear sway bars
Stiffer springs ( either factory or track springs from H&R )
All new bushing and brackets needed for the larger parts.

#24 ·
Why is this thread titled "200 performance parts finally here"?

Looks as if these were made in someone's garage. I hope I am wrong because I search daily for upgrades and they are just not "here".

Maybe here means as in your garage.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#25 ·
I would be happy to give the part numbers of my current progress so you can build them in your garage if you want? I will post the part numbers tonight after I finish.

#26 ·
As soon as the dealer gets back with me I will post the total cost of the suspension upgrades.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.