The headrests are too far ahead!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The headrests are too far ahead!

Thanks

Default The headrests are too far ahead!

Is anyone else getting a sore back after a long drive? In my old sebring I used to be able to put my head back and relax on a long stretch but now I have to push my back ahead and readjust. As per the diagram below,I've tried tilting the seat back and everything but there's no way around this. I feel like a dork driving this car sometimes.

Can anyone recommend what type of saw I should use to cut off the head rests?

The headrests are too far ahead!-untitled.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I think the reason it's like that is for additional rear impact protection for our necks. IIRC it's set up to aborb loafs that have the potential tocause whiplash or worse when the car is struck from behind or backed into something violently for what ever reason.

Thanks

I think the problem is according to your diagram that one of your legs is clearly shorter than the other and is somehow causing your head to turn fully sideways..... But to answer your question my head rest seams to be just fine in my car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Thanks

If your picture is accurate it appears that the active head restraints have been triggered to the forward position.

Thanks

Hm, yeah. It does seem to be triggered to the forward position. I'd go to the dealership to be honest because mine are too far BACK. Seriously, I have to put my head far back to reach it.

Region of Waterloo (Home of the "Blackberry" & the "Blue Box"), Ontario
    Thanks

Mine seem to be to far forward as well. At least that's what I think. You can move/tilt them forward even more, but I also wish there was more movement in them.

BTW, you don't need to "cut them off". Just pull up on them and remove them completely! (That will affect the "whiplash" potential though, and if you're in an accident, and try claiming a whiplash injury you may be SOL with your insurance company)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twood View Post
    If your picture is accurate it appears that the active head restraints have been triggered to the forward position.

I thought I remember seeing some pics on here of what the head rests look like after the active head restraints went off. From those pics, if it was activated, you would absolutely know. The front cushioned part of the head rest was almost detached from the back of the head rest.

Thanks

Yeah, I know for sure that the active head restraint wasn't activated; I would see all the junk and wires and springs etc. They are just built a little too far ahead for me. Look at the last generation sebring - it had the same problem (looks a bit worse actually). I would hate to take the headrest off because it looks corn-ballish. Anyway, a very minor issue with an otherwise awesome car.

Thanks

you are right. They are not activated. Is it possible they are tilted forward. Check around page 52 and 141 in your owners manual. It tels how to adjust and reset them. I have an S model but I thought all of the headrests were the same. aside from upholstery of course. Mine seem to be just right they don't touch my head unless I put my head back slightly.

Thanks

From what i have read, this is how the seats are suppose to be. It is protection for your head and neck in a crash. Many high end cars are like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.