Front end vibration
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front end vibration

Thanks

Default Front end vibration

Just bought a new 200 Limited and it now has 400mi. on it and I have noticed a vibration in the steering wheel between 50-60 MPH. It dosen't do it all the time, but when it does the steering wheel will shake.

Dealership is going to force balance my tires to see if that takes care of the problem. The 200 has the 18" wheel option with the Good Year LS tires. I am not a fan of Good Year tires. Wonder if the tires could be causing an out of balance problem.

Just seeing if anyone else has had this problem?

Thanks,
    Curtieman

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Hi Curtieman and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your problem. I can't say that I have noticed anything like that with mine yet?

I wonder (long shot I know) if it has anything to do with the possible missing rivet in the steering column?

Look up the recall notice on this board for more information.

Like I said it is likely not the problem, but it does relate to the steering column.

Good luck
    Chrylser 200 Limited, Black on Black, Hardtop Convertible

Thanks

Had the same issue with mine, but it went away after 600-700 miles. I attribute it to the Bad Year tires setting in, but keep us posted on the results of your re-balance.

Thanks

I have 600 miles on my 200s and I too notice a slight vibration as I entered the freeway at around 60 mph. I have an appointment next week to have it checked out. I'll let you know what I find out.
    Toledo200SCaptain
    2011 Chrysler 200 S series
    Toledo, Ohio USA

Thanks

I have not noticed anything yet @ 1,200 Miles appart from the tires screeching when I hit the pedal when the light changes green .

More seriously, maybe a slight vibration but I already blamed the GoodYear tires for that and our crappy , oh lord what crap, Quebec roads.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twohundred View Post
    I have not noticed anything yet @ 1,200 Miles appart from the tires screeching when I hit the pedal when the light changes green .

More seriously, maybe a slight vibration but I already blamed the GoodYear tires for that and our crappy , oh lord what crap, Quebec roads.

I've done the same things a few times too, and not on purpose either! LOL.....

I sure hope replacement tires don't cost an arm and a leg?!? Hahahaha......

Thanks

Will keep you posted. Found a drivers side rear shock leaking fluid. They are going to look at fixing it all this week.......ugh! What next!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Seriously front end and rear end problems? Man that sucks.

I hope they fix it up quick for you? Yes please do let us know what's up.

Good luck.

Thanks

Yes, very frustrating! I was getting ready to wash it and noticed two spots on the driveway under the drivers side tire. crawled under and looked and sure enough there was a drip hanging from the bottom of the shock and oil running down the side of the shock.

go figure, just my luck. I'm glad I work for Chrysler so if I continue to have problems I have several contacts that can help me get satisfaction. Hope it dosen't come to that.....:=)

My dealer is pretty good about things, should be ok. I will let everyone know what happens. Looks like it will be worked on this Thursday.

Thanks

First my leaking and non-opening roof. Next I read of front-end vibrations and now a leaking rear shock. And we can't forget the recall on the steering column issue. Are we seeing a disturbing trend here? On the positive side, I love the "g-force" effect I get when I give that V6 the gas. This sure ain't the Hyundai Santa Fe I drove for 62,000 miles. By the way, the Hyundai was a faithful car and I NEVER had a problem with it. I'm hoping I made the right decision to trade it in.

Have a good Monday everyone.

Pa

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.