Chrysler 200 Forum banner

DVD Player in 200

26K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  adams200s 
#1 ·
I like the fact that we have a DVD player in the dashboard for the touch screen stereo. However, I heard that you can only watch DVDs while the car is in park. That may be nice for parking with your lady, however what if your passenger wants to watch a movie while on a road trip instead of listening to your boring stories or the Sirius radio?

Does anyone know of a way to trick the system in the radio / DVD player to think that the car is in Park?

If so, please update with any ideas or hacks into the stereo computer system that I can try.

Thanks!
M

#3 ·
I don't know if anybody has done this yet, but I recall somebody on here talking about this a few months back.

I also recall me saying that it's against the law and that's the reason why car makers make it so that you (or your passanger) can't watch it in the front seat. It sort of helps the oooooops, I didn't mean to mow you down conversation that you know will someday happen.

Having said all that, I'd love to hack mine too! LOL.........

#4 ·
I would like the Lockpick just to be able to add headrest monitors so the kids could watch in the rear seat and the wife could watch from the front passenger seat on long trips..also the fact that I could install a backup camera later down the line if I wanted to. I don't have the navigation on my 430 (wish I did) but with the Lockpick from what I have read the passenger would be able to input and change route while moving.

#5 ·
The lockpick from coastal tech will allow you to use all functions video/nav while in motion and also allow you several options like cameras, iPad, rear DVD etc.
Yes it is illegal in several states and in some of them Allow the officer to pull you over just for having front video and could also cause a lot of consequences if involved in an accident. I have thought about doing it because I have a lot of great music dvd's that I would like to watch ( I mean just listen to) but decided against it because if the possible trouble it could bring my way, that's why I went with the 730 RHR because I can use voice recognition to enter Nav addresses.
However the lockpick also has DIP switches you can setup that allows you to switch on/ off front video and Nav entry. This way you could still be legal in your state and still have the ability to add rear DVD and backup cameras etc.

Hope this helped!

#6 ·
The lockpick from coastal tech will allow you to use all functions video/nav while in motion and also allow you several options like cameras, iPad, rear DVD etc.
Yes it is illegal in several states and in some of them Allow the officer to pull you over just for having front video and could also cause a lot of consequences if involved in an accident. I have thought about doing it because I have a lot of great music dvd's that I would like to watch ( I mean just listen to) but decided against it because if the possible trouble it could bring my way, that's why I went with the 730 RHR because I can use voice recognition to enter Nav addresses.
However the lockpick also has DIP switches you can setup that allows you to switch on/ off front video and Nav entry. This way you could still be legal in your state and still have the ability to add rear DVD and backup cameras etc.

Hope this helped!
Awesome information!!

So how are you liking the 730RHR?

Do you find the voice commands good or bad?

How do you find using the nav system itself?

There are things about mine that I really like and some things......well the jury is still out on those. LOL......

#7 ·
I like the fact that we have a DVD player in the dashboard for the touch screen stereo. However, I heard that you can only watch DVDs while the car is in park. That may be nice for parking with your lady, however what if your passenger wants to watch a movie while on a road trip instead of listening to your boring stories or the Sirius radio?

Does anyone know of a way to trick the system in the radio / DVD player to think that the car is in Park?

If so, please update with any ideas or hacks into the stereo computer system that I can try.

Thanks!
M
buy a portable DVD player either for your car or to be able to watch movies o you are. The choice is vast and this guide is intended to help you ask the right questions to make your purchase with full knowledge of the facts

#9 ·
Anyone installed this lockpick in their car? I want to do it but am nervous about tampering with such a fancy system. I take 10 hour each way trips once a year with my wife and kids to visit family in another state, and want them to be able to watch movies on it on the way without the bulky portable dvd (we already have one) and without spending ridiculous sums getting custom headrest dvd systems. I also do not like the strap on ones with all the related wiring. Very low class. Im not a moron and will not watch tv while i drive thanks anyway government and lawsuit lawyers for protecting me from myself. Man they better take my maglite I carry under the seat away too as I may randomely hit myself in the head with it as I drive down the road and crash head on into somebody once I knock myself out. Stupid people will do stupid things despite any laws. Aftermarket dvd in dash radios can often play while driving. Anyway, anyone installed one of these lockpick kits?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.