Sirius "Signal Aquiring"
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sirius "Signal Aquiring"

Thanks

Question Sirius "Signal Aquiring"

I am not sure where to put this question. If there is an appropriate forum for that please mods move it.

My wife owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. Recently her satellite radio is showing the dreaded "acquiring signal". She did a reset/refresh twice over the phone with Sirius and twice with customer service with Sirius. Nothing worked and the recommendation fro Sirius was to bring it back to the dealer.

This morning I showed up at the car dealer ship and the guy just waved me off and rudely told me that there is nothing they can do. It is a Sirius problem.
    I am no idiot and there is no widespread Sirius outage so it has to come down down to equipment/software. I asked him about the antenna and I got the explanation that since the regular radio works everything must be OK with the equipment.

Did anybody have similar issues and what was the resolution?
    If you need any technical specs please feel free to ask. I don't want to overload the post with useless information.

Thank you in advance.

PS: Uconnect 8.4 is installed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FL_Cruiser64 View Post
    I am not sure where to put this question. If there is an appropriate forum for that please mods move it.

My wife owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. Recently her satellite radio is showing the dreaded "acquiring signal". She did a reset/refresh twice over the phone with Sirius and twice with customer service with Sirius. Nothing worked and the recommendation fro Sirius was to bring it back to the dealer.

This morning I showed up at the car dealer ship and the guy just waved me off and rudely told me that there is nothing they can do. It is a Sirius problem.
    I am no idiot and there is no widespread Sirius outage so it has to come down down to equipment/software. I asked him about the antenna and I got the explanation that since the regular radio works everything must be OK with the equipment.

Did anybody have similar issues and what was the resolution?
    If you need any technical specs please feel free to ask. I don't want to overload the post with useless information.

Thank you in advance.

PS: Uconnect 8.4 is installed.

If your dealer doesn't even take the time to check for software updates, or do inspection of the problem ... Call Chrysler and complain.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fltru103 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (07-15-2016)

Thanks

Typical dealership. My advise would be to call up Sirius while at the dealership, get someone on the phone that confirms the problem is equipment and hand the phone to a service advisor.

It's sad, our Mopar EVTS on the 13' stopped working and EVTS told us to take it in. The dealer said it's an EVTS problem and that it's not activated, even though I explained we purchased the lifetime package. I got EVTS on my cell and had the EVTS people talk to the dealership (but I shouldn't have to since they are both Mopar - the dealer should have done this) and then finally they replaced our unit and it works fine.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

Hidden Content

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I just recently reactivated my Sirius account. One minor problem is occurring that I don't remember having previously. When I first start up the car in the morning my Sirius signal fades in and out for about the first minute or so. It's very annoying. Any thoughts as to why this is happening?
    2015 Chrysler 200 Limited - Build Date 03/15 - Vivid Blue
    Black Cloth Interior
    3.6L 6cy
    8.4A System - Nav Activated
    Comfort Group
    18"x 8" Satin Silver Rims with Bridgestone Ecopias 235/45/18
    Rims are : 18"x 8" : 5x110 : Bore 65.1 : Offset 41mm
    Winter Rims; Hidden Content with Hidden Content . 225/50/18
    35% Tint
    Yellow gas cap
    Added Cargo Net
    Replaced the Brake/Turn Signal Light Bulbs With Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FL_Cruiser64 View Post
    I asked him about the antenna and I got the explanation that since the regular radio works everything must be OK with the equipment.
    Here's another problem, in and of itself. Unless I'm mistaken, the radio antenna and the satellite one aren't the same thing. The satellite antenna is on the roof. AM/FM antenna is in the back window glass. Shouldn't the dealer techs know this?
    2015 200S AWD - Vivid Blue w/ the 9-speed and the blue/black interior. A couple packages, but not everything.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.