Adding HID headlights
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding HID headlights

Thanks

Default Adding HID headlights

I was taking a look at this video which adds HIDs to the 1st gen. Chrysler 200. I personally like the contrast between regular halogens and the LED trim at night, but the visibility could improve. I have a few concerns to anyone who’s swapped their lights:

1. Have you encountered glitches or technical problems after swapping the OEM lights? Better no to mess with em?
    2. Is there an easier way to change these? I was impressed with this video due to the quality of the lights from this particular brand. Cheaper but still good brand perhaps?
    3. Does having HID make it hard to see the normal LED strip? I like how the strip looks “mercedez’ish” but if you can’t notice the strip with the HID then that would be a sad change.

Thanks all! I may even get some HID fog lamps as well to complete the package.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I have installed led headlights in mine and have had zero issues....
    David Vianu

2013 200 Limited S v6
    2014 Jeep Patriot 4x2 2.4l
    1984 El Camino Custom

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadavev View Post
    I have installed led headlights in mine and have had zero issues....
    Did you get a kit for LEDs like wiring hardness and what not? Or are the two just bulb replacements. I know on these cars going HID you need a can bus kit... do you need that with the LED. I don't understand manufacturers, if you put projector lamps why don't you put HID or LED. I know cost but still.
    2013.5 200 Carhartt Special Edition Super S'
    2012 200 S'
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carguy1985 View Post
    Did you get a kit for LEDs like wiring hardness and what not? Or are the two just bulb replacements. I know on these cars going HID you need a can bus kit... do you need that with the LED. I don't understand manufacturers, if you put projector lamps why don't you put HID or LED. I know cost but still.
    This is actually the kit I was refering to. I forgot to copy it on the original post

https://www.xenonsupply.com/products...-xenon-package

With their coupon on their online vid you can get it for like 130. I'm sure it's worth it, and the to-do video is fairly simple. I'd probably take the kit to a local shop and they'll probably do it for cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GBnuJ33ra0

This is definitely my next on the list mod.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.