uConnect Web ("200" WIFI Hotspot)
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: uConnect Web ("200" WIFI Hotspot)

Region of Waterloo (Home of the "Blackberry" & the "Blue Box"), Ontario
    Thanks

Default uConnect Web ("200" WIFI Hotspot)

Has anyone seen, or have installed in their "200" the "uConnect Web WIFI" Hotspot? (Mopar Part # 82211856AC)

As a Canadian "200" owner, I see this listed on the Mopar Parts, but it appears that it's only available to "US" owners. It requires a monthly subscription for internet service, over and above the cost for the "hotspot". Could I have this installed and then subscribe for the service through a US internet provider, using a Canadian mailing address?

If I can do it from Canada, I'd order this!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

i saw that just browsing the website, thought it was such a cool idea but not too practical for me. Love the idea though. would love to hear how you like it if you do indeed get it, keep us posted! Sorry i am no help to you
    Chrysler 200 Touring, 3.6L, Bright White, Black Interior, 35% tint

Thanks

I'd seriously investigate this further if I knew for certain that it would operate in Canada, or that there is a Canadian internet service provider, with a reasonable monthly fee.

Thanks

Or you can just use your phone for a hotspot. That's what I did to watch netflix on my laptop. Save the monthly subscription for the mopar one.
    2011, 200 S blk, blk loaded

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vash610 View Post
    Or you can just use your phone for a hotspot. That's what I did to watch netflix on my laptop. Save the monthly subscription for the mopar one.
    OK, now I have to upgrade my "dinosaur" cell phone, for a "smart phone"!!! LOL
    I was under the impression though, that using your cell phone as a WIFI hotspot only worked for "one" connection? What if 3 or 4 people in the car want access to WIFI similtaneously???

Thanks

Haha dinosaur cell phone! More than one person can access the hotspot. It's basically a mobile router. I was thinking if I had Sprint with no data cap I can use that as my internet at home and cancel comcast=] Smart phones are cheap nowdays. You don't have to get the best just get a free one with contract that has data and can do a wifi hotspot.

Thanks

im pretty sure you have to pay extra to make your phone a hotspot. You will have to pay for your phone plan/data plan, plus an extra fee for hotspot feature
    Chrysler 200 Touring, 3.6L, Bright White, Black Interior, 35% tint

Thanks

I have to admit I still like the idea of the "uConnect Web WIFI" Hotspot (Mopar Part # 82211856AC)
    I'll have to investigate this with the dealer to see if this works in Canada.

Thanks

Almost everyone has a smartphone that has data. The hotspot feature is not extra, if your phone has it, you can use it. But if you really like the mopar one then go for it. As long as you like it=]

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Hi Dadillac,

Us Canadians don't get the same great deal on mobile phone packages as the rest of the world does, but the gap could be getting a little smaller.

I'm guessing that since you are in BB country that you currently own one of them. I too own a BB on Bell, and unless I pay an extra $10.00 a month, then I can't use my BB as a hotspot for other devices (or tethering as they call it).

I have however been looking into Telus and the new (dare I say it) iPhone 4S, and they are offering a package that has something like 250 min of talk time, but 6 gig of data......and you can tether too.

I've been with Bell for many, many, many years and won't likely switch, but it is something that I am going to talk to Bell about.

No need to get anything extra from Chrysler and pay more monthly bills, when a call to you mobile carrier could do the trick.
    Chrylser 200 Limited, Black on Black, Hardtop Convertible

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.