Gear Jerking - HELP! - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gear Jerking - HELP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by larry_thagr81 View Post
    Hello every, I own a 2015 200c with 40,500 miles on it. Has anyone been experiencing issues with there car jerking in 7th gear every 3 to 4 seconds? Is the transmission covered under the powertrain warranty? The first time I experienced this was about two months ago. The problem seemed to go away after restarting the engine, which would have been the next day for me because I was heading home during this first incident. Today is the second time I've experienced this very same issue in the exact same gear. If I'm accelerating or decelerating in 7th gear then the car won't jerk, but if I just maintaining a constant speed then it will jerk every 3 to 4 seconds. If I shift to 6th or 8th then the jerking seems to stop as well. As soon as I allow the transmission to return to 7th gear then it will start jerking every 3 to 4 seconds. My transmission usually runs at about 149F but today I noticed it averaging about 154F while driving and 165F while sitting idle.

My rough shifting use to be between 2nd and 3rd gear but every since they reprogrammed my TCM, my rough shifting happens between 4th and 5th. I've learn how to avoid the rough shifting between 4th to 5th gear by feathering the gas pedal right before the transmission wants to shift from 4th to 5th gear.
    Hi - I'll occasionally get the "jerking" you're feeling in 7th gear, which I believe is the transmission going into adaptation learn mode. I can't speak to why it does this. My TCM hasn't been reprogrammed for nearly 20,000 miles and it still does it occasionally. It was worse 20,000 miles ago though.

Here's how the transmission is put into this mode:

"Accelerate the vehicle moderately to 7th gear, drive at a constant speed between 50-60 mph. The learn process may produce small, regular torque pulsations. This is normal, and indicates the learn process is working."

Page 58 of this article speaks to it -https://atracom.blob.core.windows.ne...troduction.pdf

Hope this helps!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fri200 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (05-07-2019), fltru103 (05-07-2019), larry_thagr81 (05-07-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fri200 View Post
    Hi - I'll occasionally get the "jerking" you're feeling in 7th gear, which I believe is the transmission going into adaptation learn mode. I can't speak to why it does this. My TCM hasn't been reprogrammed for nearly 20,000 miles and it still does it occasionally. It was worse 20,000 miles ago though.

Here's how the transmission is put into this mode:

"Accelerate the vehicle moderately to 7th gear, drive at a constant speed between 50-60 mph. The learn process may produce small, regular torque pulsations. This is normal, and indicates the learn process is working."

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for this useful information, the jerking sensation in 7th gear has only happened twice in the past 3 months. As of this morning, it has gone away. Is getting the TCM reprogrammed covered under the powertrain warranty?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by larry_thagr81 View Post
    Thanks for this useful information, the jerking sensation in 7th gear has only happened twice in the past 3 months. As of this morning, it has gone away. Is getting the TCM reprogrammed covered under the powertrain warranty?
    The TCM itself and programming are covered under the 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    Factory tuned, RPM Torque Tube

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:

larry_thagr81 (05-07-2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)