Stock vs Tuned 3.2L Track results
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stock vs Tuned 3.2L Track results

Thanks

Default Stock vs Tuned 3.2L Track results

Second track day of the year today.

I very slightly improved my times (barely) but the real fun was the other Player3 Tuned Cherokee showed up to race.

Density Altitude today was 1657ft

My Cherokee had the same mods as last week.

2014 Cherokee Trailhawk
    All stock except for 245/70/17 Wildpeak Tires
    AFE Momentum GT Intake
    Player 3 PCM Tune

We both had our best runs and ran together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiXKPNYYMdI

2014 2016
    60ft = 2.328 60ft = 2.240
    330 = 6.559 330 = 6.278
    1/8 = 10.066 1/8 = 9.662
    1/8mph=69.70 1/8mph = 72.12
    1/4=15.662 1/4=15.095
    1/4mph=87.68 1/4mph=89.57

My weight reduction and lighter wheels help my times slightly but its apparent that my ported throttlebody, Ported lower Manifold & TCM tune really give the edge vs strictly a PCM tuned Cherokee. The other difference is the 2014 doesn’t have VVT cams tuned like I do, and that helps on the top end as well.

Alright so that isn’t fair since I have more mods. So what happens if we run the stock PCM file on the 2014 Trailhawk and get a time and compare that to what I ran when I was stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2cV0f0iZEI

I didn’t have the best time for this run (traction problems as usual) but look at that. A [email protected] 85.42mph 2.423 60ft
    My best time while all stock except for an AFE intake (identical setup to this 2014 Trailhawk) was [email protected] 2.499 60ft. Nearly identical times stock (My stock run was a hot day, today was cool so that explains a slightly slower time) So to recap, with nothing more than a PCM tune only. There was a gain of 2.26mph and an ET drop of 0.621s.

Again more than ½ a second drop with nothing more than a PCM tune. I’d say that’s pretty impressive and Player 3 tuning knows their stuff.

The next video is in the 2014 trailhawk with my wife recording. I had my friends wife riding along in my vehicle. You can see how on the top end my Cherokee is much stronger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX6qJjGo8xQ

This video is in my vehicle with my ride riding along (2014 had a passenger as well)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJK8k6Sm1KU

I then wanted to make some runs in FWD this was my best run

[email protected] 2.432 60ft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nWX4O1PUTs

my 60ft suffers and you can hear the spinning on the 1-2 shift! The real interesting part is the MPH doesn’t suffer and actually gets slightly better, so the AWD system is making the vehicle slightly slower but its super hard to launch and get down the track without spinning.

This was my other run in FWD vs my friends 2014 Trailhawk
    Ignore my weak *** attempt at a burnout, it started wheel hopping and I thought I was going to leave my transmission in the burnout box…..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdACNe_hPLo

If you are still reading this good for you, the things to take away are, you can gain approx. half a second on an otherwise stock vehicle with a PCM tune, a transmission tune adds a bit more, If you want some top end gains, the VVT tuning and throttlebody + lower intake manifold make a very noticeable difference.
    2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
    AFE Intake
    MMX Ported TB
    "PUG" Ported Lower Intake Manifold
    Flowmaster Super 10
    Player3 Custom Tune (With adjusted VVT Cams)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyler-98-W68 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (05-14-2019), Sleeper200c (05-14-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Nice to see I am not the only one unusual enough to do something like mod a Cherokee if I had one, cause I would - don't care what anyone thinks. I tuned my 13' 200 but my time and $$ are focused on other things at the moment - our house is still new (to us), hopefully this summer I will finally tune my 15'.

How do you do a FWD run? Did you change the PTU programming? I thought it was in "auto" when not in "snow","sand","rock","lock" or whatever?
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    Factory tuned, RPM Torque Tube

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Nice to see I am not the only one unusual enough to do something like mod a Cherokee if I had one, cause I would - don't care what anyone thinks. I tuned my 13' 200 but my time and $$ are focused on other things at the moment - our house is still new (to us), hopefully this summer I will finally tune my 15'.

How do you do a FWD run? Did you change the PTU programming? I thought it was in "auto" when not in "snow","sand","rock","lock" or whatever?
    All you do is pull the AWD/PTU fuse

You can still use the different selec terrain modes you just get zero power to the rear.

The thing i liked most about this comparison is how much more top end power you can get from a TB, manifold and VVT Cam changes, its very noticeable
    2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
    AFE Intake
    MMX Ported TB
    "PUG" Ported Lower Intake Manifold
    Flowmaster Super 10
    Player3 Custom Tune (With adjusted VVT Cams)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyler-98-W68 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (05-20-2019)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)