2012 2.4L bad mpg
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

Thread: 2012 2.4L bad mpg

Thanks

Default 2012 2.4L bad mpg

Hey all, I’ve got a 2012 200, 2.4L limited sedan. I’ve owned this car since about 60,000 miles and it currently has about 95,000 miles. My MPG seems pretty low for a 4 banger, especially considering the advertised mpg for this car. I get about 16 city and 23 hwy, about 19-20 combined. This seems really low to me. I take good care of it. Run synthetic oil, change it every 5k, new air filter every 2nd oil change, change pcv valve and spark plugs once a year, good tires that are properly inflated and a good alignment. Anyone got any thoughts or experiencing the same issue?
    My understanding is it’s advertised at about 20 city, 30 hwy, and 23-24 combined mpg.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Do some searching on the forum. Many different factors can affect real world economy. Hills, altitude, type/brand of fuel used, weight of your right foot, wheel alignment. A 2.4 isn't exactly a small 4cyl either. Has the fuel economy been the same from the day you purchased it or is it getting worse?

https://www.200forums.com/forum/50-g...e-problem.html

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:

Sleeper200c (06-12-2019)

Thanks

Do you have the 4-speed or 6-speed? How fast do you drive on the highway, and is it usually a steady speed?
    Are there any fault codes stored?

https://www.allpar.com/fix/computer-codes.html

My wife has a 2012 and I have a 2011, both with 2.4L and 6-speed. They get about 22 mpg city and 29-30 mpg highway, with no special treatment.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)