2013 limted, ac leak location?
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 limted, ac leak location?

Thanks

Default 2013 limted, ac leak location?

Bought the Arctic freeze freon/sealant and it blew cold for a couple weeks, my next step will be physically looking for evidence of the leak (I didn't get the can with the dye ) before either using dye or buying a detector, I wonder where others had ac leaks in their 1st Gen 200s? Condensor? A valve?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Putting a sealant into an A/C system is usually death for the components. It often clogs the expansion valve or evaporator. If it still engages and you have a leak, take it to an A/C shop that has a 'sniffer' that can detect where the leak is.
    My wife has a 2012 that she bought new, now 78K miles. I bought a 2011 last fall, now 114K miles, both work fine on original parts.

Thanks

Blincoln said "Putting a sealant into an A/C system is usually death for the components. It often clogs the expansion valve or evaporator. "
    I agree...Stay away from "quick fixes"... Find where the leak is and address it properly...

If you are doing it yourself another cheap way to locate them is using a sniffer off of ebay...They do work quite well...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Ga...8AAOSw8OFcEgFz
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)