302mm Rear Disc Conversion
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 302mm Rear Disc Conversion

Super Moderator untouchable4206's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 302mm Rear Disc Conversion

****First off. I was misinformed about the car having the same discs as the Sebring 3.5L! It doesn't so I want them****

I ordered my second pair of rotors for my car and noticed this time that the rear rotors were way larger than the stock and aftermarkets ones I had on there. I talked to the Chrysler mechanic and he told me that the car was supposed to come with it but due to cost cutting they went with the smaller ones...idk sounds reasonable. He also said that the car would brake more evenly with the larger brakes. Anyway I want to know if anyone knows about this? The Sebring 3.5L came with 302mm rear discs and the mechanic told me that the conversion should be simple. From what I can tell all that needs to be done is replace the factory disc shield and get the caliper adapter(also holds the pads) and that should be it. Any input would be great. I'll be hitting junk yards Monday.

Here is a pic of the new front ones.
    ****Was against getting drilled again but they had a lifetime warranty so...****

302mm  Rear Disc Conversion-20121201_133736.jpg

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Chrysler 200 S
    VR Exhaust
    Resonator Delete
    Intake Air Box Modification
    Kicker Comp 12" Woofer
    Polk Audio PA330 Amp
    Gold Zinc Drilled Rotors
    Custom Coilovers
    Oil Pressure, Oil Temp,
    Air Fuel, Volt Gauges
    Zex Nitrous
    Luminis G5 HID 6000K

2. The Following User Says Thank You to untouchable4206 For This Useful Post:

stargazer7467 (12-01-2012)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

ncie find, thanks for the research.

Thanks

According to what I have catalogued if your 200 oem rear brake pad number crosses into in the aftermarket number D868 you have the larger 302mm brakes. If it crosses to a D1037 you have the smaller brakes. The conversion does look simple. I have looked up the different calipers for both the 262mm and 302mm rotors and the larger brakes have a different and taller bracket for the caliper. I have not speced them but the bolt position looks to be the same. I have only found one listing for the brake hoses which could mean they are the same for both calipers??
    Also, if you are on the fence about how your car stops or handles during hard braking I strongly suggest better tires and or an upgrade to what you have for oem brake pads before doing a swap that may involve more than you expected. Spindles or uprights may need to be changed along with other parts. I have done brake upgrades to different parts and they can go easy or not.
    BLUE SKIES and GREEN LIGHTS...RED 200S...

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator untouchable4206's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks REDS200 for the info. Just left the dealer, again, with some more info and hitting the junk yard now. I'll let you all know how it goes in a couple of days. So far everyone I have talked to claims its only a dust shield and new caliper braket and thats it. I will see I guess. Also I already upgraded the pads to agressive street ceramic but the back is still stock pads until the conversion is complete.
    Last edited by fltru103; 11-28-2018 at 07:45 AM. Reason: remove unapproved link
    2012 Chrysler 200 S
    VR Exhaust
    Resonator Delete
    Intake Air Box Modification
    Kicker Comp 12" Woofer
    Polk Audio PA330 Amp
    Gold Zinc Drilled Rotors
    Custom Coilovers
    Oil Pressure, Oil Temp,
    Air Fuel, Volt Gauges
    Zex Nitrous
    Luminis G5 HID 6000K

Thanks

So the smae floating caliper can be used?

Thanks

I’m sure you’re done with this by now, but I think I have some info saved on my phone I’ll dig through and see if I can add anything. I think I have the part numbers for all the parts, but not 100% sure.
    2014 Chrysler 200 Limited
    Luca Brasi

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)