Subwoofers in a 2015 Chrysler 200 Limited - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Subwoofers in a 2015 Chrysler 200 Limited

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I was hoping you woudln't say that. I have had a sub in a box with an amp and capacitor etc.. when I was younger, but I want to keep my trunk space. Maybe I'll upgrade all my speakers and then add the free air sub - i'd at least like it to sound like my wife's old 13' Limited with the Boston stereo. Not looking to shatter the back window or anything... lol

Attachment 50617
    Bake mentioned a good point about shallow mounts and I doubt you will custom build a fiber glass box to fit into either sides of the trunk. The latter is the cleaner option if you want it to look nice and not sacrifice a cubic foot of room behind the seats. I haven't had time to compare and listen to the alpine stock speaker vs a mid tier aftermarket counterpart yet so I can't comment on that. I just know that when I replaced my 02 Explorer's 4 door OEM speakers and had them hooked up to an amp, the difference was beyond night and day. I didn't even need a sub but I did add them because I needed to feel the vibrations. The replacement was done 14 years apart so technology is not even comparable.

Maybe in a couple more years I'll replace all the OEM speakers in the '15 200 if its not my daily driver anymore. I put a couple thousand dollars into the car already and realized I put too many kms on it to even continue modding it and keep it nice. Still looking for coil overs though but that can wait.

Regardless, hope everything works out for you. Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Exclamation Shutting off??

Okay so I have a 2016 Chrysler 200. The sound system is a little lacking stock, so I ran a loc from the rear deck, wired it to my amp, and had great bass. For about 5 minutes. It shuts my factory rear deck speakers off... any ideas? I have to pull the fuse for the radio in order to reset it and get them working again, but every time I try for bass, they shut off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)