Highest Mileage Reported - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Highest Mileage Reported

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TeanaMarie View Post
    I bought my 200 in June of 2014 with 65,500 miles on it. I now as of June 2019 have 246,000 miles. Most of the miles are highway miles. Only problems up to this month have been alternator and front wheel bearing. I believe those to be normal wear and tare on a vehicle with a good bit of miles. Best of luck to you.
    Welcome to the forum! What year, engine and trim level is your 200?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

This thread gives me hope

Thanks

In September, I traded in my 2002 Sebring with the 2.4 with just under 242000 miles. It still ran great. I would expect at least 150K with the 3.6 (if I can keep my foot from hitting the floor so often).

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

2016 Limited with 4 cylinder. Purchased in summer of 2016 with just under 25,000 miles. Turned 214,000 miles this week. Tires, spark plugs/coils and a battery. Almost all highway miles (still original brake pads). I hope I don't jinx myself now!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rthemi For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (Today), fltru103 (Today), travman (Today)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rthemi View Post
    2016 Limited with 4 cylinder. Purchased in summer of 2016 with just under 25,000 miles. Turned 214,000 miles this week. Tires, spark plugs/coils and a battery. Almost all highway miles (still original brake pads). I hope I don't jinx myself now!
    DANG!!!!! And I thought my 2015 200C with the 3.6 liter had a lot of miles at 116,000! I too still have original brake pads, but most likely will need to replace in about 5 months.
    2015 Chrysler 200C v6 FWD
    Moonroof, 19" wheels
    Chrysler bike hitch receiver

9. The Following User Says Thank You to travman For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (Today)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rthemi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by travman View Post
    DANG!!!!! And I thought my 2015 200C with the 3.6 liter had a lot of miles at 116,000! I too still have original brake pads, but most likely will need to replace in about 5 months.
    That's great brake pad life. Already replaced front pads and rotors on the wife's car around 50K. ( Yes, in my opinion, some people are harder on brakes then others )
    Coming up on 100K and the rear pads are now in need of replacement, and quite possibly the fronts, again. I'll do that when we get the next set of tires towards the end of summer.
    So far, just maintenance items are all that has been needed.
    Excellent car, much better then the Chevy Cruze and the Toyota Corolla that were the wife's previous cars.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fltru103 For This Useful Post:

travman (Today)

Thanks

Just hit 100K.

I still have my original rear pads and rotors on the car. I "upgraded" the front ones, but have the original ones in-tact in my garage, they are not even 50% worn. I am a moderate driver leaning towards "spirited" driving.

My observation is that Chrysler fixed the brake issues that the 1st gen had (both mine did) - premature wear, squeaking in reverse etc...

I had multiple issues with ignition coils. All my coil problems are because I didn't change the plugs soon enough, the manual said change them at 100K and I waited to 100K miles. Mistake.

One fuel injector failed at 100K miles. I replaced it myself.

My PTU went out several times, replaced under warranty. Driveshaft and rear axle also failed once and were replaced under warranty.

My radiator also sprung a leak. I replaced that myself - recently.

My PTU is going out again now that it's out of warranty - I pulled the PTU fuse and have been driving it around as a FWD 200 for the time being. At least it's getting better fuel mileage. When I do the repair, I will post pictures etc...

Doing a web search for "PTU failed", surprisingly, almost every result is for Ford, I think there's even a class action lawsuit.
    Last edited by Black Knight; Today at 11:08 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:

travman (Today)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fltru103 View Post
    That's great brake pad life. Already replaced front pads and rotors on the wife's car around 50K. ( Yes, in my opinion, some people are harder on brakes then others )
    Coming up on 100K and the rear pads are now in need of replacement, and quite possibly the fronts, again. I'll do that when we get the next set of tires towards the end of summer.
    So far, just maintenance items are all that has been needed.
    Excellent car, much better then the Chevy Cruze and the Toyota Corolla that were the wife's previous cars.
    I'm really surprised with the brake life on my 200. My past cars I've always had to change pads out and turn rotors somewhere between 60k to 70k miles. So when the dealer replaced my spark plugs, changed oil and checked my brakes at 100k miles, they told me I still had 50% pad life, I was very surprised. I would like to say I do mostly highway miles, but much of my highway miles is being stuck in stop and go traffic on I270 heading into the DC region. I'm guessing that around 40-50% of my miles are true highway miles.
    2015 Chrysler 200C v6 FWD
    Moonroof, 19" wheels
    Chrysler bike hitch receiver

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travman For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (Today), fltru103 (Today)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)