I surrender - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I surrender

Thanks

With AlfaOBD When I try to run the PROXI it succeeds on all 13 modules that my car has.

Then it fails to connect to the Radio Navigation Module and the PROXI fails.

Neither radio has Navigation, and I had not played with any navigation related settings, that I know of. The BCU should not be looking for that module. I have gone through all the settings and made sure that anything that
    is related to GPS, Nav or anything that my radio does not have, is disabled.

This is the last step, I hope, in the whole procedure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I tried to update my Uconnect 5.0 to a better firmware. In doing so, somehow the firmware ended up corrupted. I dont believe dealers keep any tech savvy people on their payroll. Their solution was to replace the whole radio. There was nothing physically wrong with the radio. Seems rather an expensive option but thats how it went down.

Thanks

Crazcnuk

First...
    This forum doesn't have features that kia-forums.com has and it makes it a lot harder to help others here...
    One feature is an area for what car you drive (like 2016 Chrysler 200s) and another is an easy on forum search (search within the forum for a specific item)...

Next...
    I believe there are two things that must be entered for an item (radio/HVAC/heated seats) to be acknowledged by the BCM... One is the "sales code" and another is the "proxy align" ... I may be wrong but I'm going from what I read and my memory... If the sales code is wrong the BCM may think the radio is a different one and won't proxy align it... Also I believe that both the FA3 and FA4 radios can have navigation but the FA3 doesb't have the "option" turned and is also MISSING the add on "radio navigation module" ...thus the failure of the proxy align...

Sales Codes are specific codes for only certain models... the 200C has different codes than the 200 and 200s and FCA has the power to limit which accessories with these codes CAN be used on different models...

Does this cause a displayed error about the missing navigation module or does it only show up during the proxy align? You might be OK with leaving the "error" alone and ignoring it if it's not displayed...

Sounds like the sales code for your upgraded radio has not been set properly...

Does anyone have a sheet of codes for available options?

Like I said I'm just learning about FCA's programming and limitations that they can set for a specific car model..

My 200s came to me as a "salvage" car and I have been comfortable with adding options on my other rescued cars and would love to add some 200c options from a "donor" salvage 200c...

Anyone out there have any luck with "cheap" ELM bluetooth OBDII modules with AlfaOBDII software?...

Dave

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Actually, from what I have learned, you can't change the sales code in the radio. The BCM picks it up from the radio.

It also picks up the VIN of the new vehicle in the same manner.

The 'error' only shows when the PROXI fails. AlfaOBD goes through each module, in turn, and when it gets to the missing module it times out and fails the PROXI.

From what I have learned, if you change the radio DO NOT CHANGE ANY SETTINGS in the BCM (Car configuration changes) as the BCM will update itself when it talks to the new radio.

The only thing you need to do is install all applicable hardware, then run the PROXI.

If you try and run the PROXI when some hardware is missing, the appropriate module will fail as it will show error codes and all error codes have to be cured before a PROXI can run.

In my case I had an error, in the radio module saying 'Mic 1 circuit open' until I properly wired the mics.

Two dealers in my area said they could not do a PROXI because the new radio had the old VIN in it, but whenI go into ALFAOBD it shows the correct VIN (from my car).

The whole thing about writing dealer codes is in the computer database at Chrysler, not in your car, so that chrysler knows what your car is equipped with.

If I had an 8" radio, with nav, I am willing to bet I could plug it in and it would pass PROXI, because it would find the Radio Navigation Module\

As it stands I have a setting out of place that needs to be corrected but I can't find it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazcnuk For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (07-08-2019)

Thanks

...it actually does, including searching within the sub sections. Maybe it's your browser or settings - how are you viewing it? I have to move previous gen 200 11-14' topics to that section and vice-versa.. are you not seeing the sub-sections on here?

What would you like to see different? Send me a PM. I will communicate it to the admins.

Thanks

Success! PROXI complete, everything working!

Found one errant setting, and that fixed the problem that stopped the PROXI alignmnet from exiting correctly.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazcnuk For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (Yesterday)

Thanks

Everything working properly now

Found the errant setting, and PROXI finished.

Next morning, my roommate went out to go for breakfast and the car started, but was surging, seatbelt errors, anti-lock errors, no shifter

Ran the PROXI twice, now everything working properly for last couple of days

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)