Thinking of buying a 2015 200S, need advice - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying a 2015 200S, need advice

Thanks

95,000 miles on my car, ZERO problems with the transmission
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    Factory tuned, RPM Torque Tube

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

60,000mi no trans issues or any other probs. Make sure any recalls and pcm updates are current and a new battery and youll be very happy. As said....the problems u mentioned are few and far between and being a new model car that didnt get any fixes it does have some quirks that are liveable and do nothing too hurt its lifespan. Ive done some mods and Im happy.
    2015 200c 3.6 fwd

Magnaflow cat-back exhaust
    K&N C.A.I.
    RPM torque tube
    RPM base stage 93 octane tune
    225/50r17 Hankooks noble s2
    Amsoil 5w20
    Amsoil P.I. before oil changes
    Amsoil dominator coolant boost
    Stant 18 psi coolant cap
    Tree air freshners under seats

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sleeper200c For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (05-06-2019)

Thanks

I know the 200 uses regular unleaded fuel, I believe both the Buick and Ford need super unleaded because they are both turbos.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I'd be concerned about buying a 2015 Chrysler 200. In addition to the various issues that seemed to have been affecting the models prior to 2016, the end result of poor resale values would be reason alone to avoid that particular year. When I was shopping for a "sporty" mid sized 4 door sedan, I kept coming back to the 200 because--IMO--I thought it had great lines. I felt it was far less boring looking than the Fusion and with that 295hp V6 on regular fuel, there was the great blend of decent performance, functionality and style--all at a relatively competitive price on the used car market. But I did stay away from considering any 2015's, again because of the poor reputation, because I generally don't keep my vehicles more than a couple of years and I didn't want to get hit with losing a lot of money on the resale. I ended up finding a cherry 2016 200S FWD with the V6 and under 24K miles owned by a senior citizen who passed away and bought it for around the same price as that 15 you are considering. As an aside, this vehicle has been the BEST used car I've owned in a very long time: Unbelievable performance, very decent gas mileage (mid 20s around town), and extremely agile on the curves, etc. It's a little stiff on our poor roads (Michigan), but I'd definitely recommend the car in general. If I was you I would try to find a 2016 200S--even if it cost you $2000-$3000 more, because I think you'd make it up in the long run when you resold the vehicle.

Thanks

I can't speak personally for the 2015+ models, but our 2014 has been a great car. Other than a throttle body replacement it's had zero issues over 55K miles. Obviously I wish the battery was placed in a different location, but that's a minor detail thatn I can handle. Still enjoying the classy looks of the car too, and I've always been of the opinion that those carried over into the 2015 changes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysler200 FTW View Post
    Obviously I wish the battery was placed in a different location....
    They fixed that for 2015+ it's under the hood, also hood struts instead of prop rod, but one step back with tension rod trunk (bars) instead of struts.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    Factory tuned, RPM Torque Tube

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

Thanks

I was down to a Fusion and the 200C when I bought my 200C. I have had it a few years and I love it as much today as first day. Everyone loves my car when they ride along. The transmission is fine. Mine started shifting odd one time and the dealership reprogrammed the computer and it never had an issue again. How many transmissions can be reset or reprogrammed in a quick process like the 200? It is so.much fun to drive. I would choose it over a Buick too. Buicks arent exactly kniwn for their longevity.

Thanks

I think about 7000.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anpalacios View Post
    The one I'm looking at is 12,399 with 65k miles, is that a fair price?
    STOP RIGHT THERE! 12k for a 200S that's not even AWD with 65k miles is a rip off!
    I bought my dad a 2015 200S AWD with 12k miles for $14k! This was 2 years ago!
    Go on Cars.com and search for 200S around you. I guarantee you'll find dozens of cheaper ones.

These are all 200S/C under 60k miles. Just put in your zipcode and filter it from there
    https://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...Vehicles=false

Thanks

pbetoolman had raised an interesting issue that I did have about being struck in gears and had forgotten about until now. I had not heard many (actually only 1 other, but I'm not on this site all that often). My 200c also for the first 6 months or so was getting stuck in gears. I found that I was hitting the paddle shifters ever so slightly (particularly when turning the wheel) and it held it's gear when I did this. Holding the paddle shifters for I think 5 seconds returns the shifting back to normal.

My dealer replaced the steering wheel, due to other issues it had. I haven't had the issue since, the paddle shifters on my new steering wheel require a full depressing to change gears. I'm assuming those whom had early 2015 200's may have sensitive paddle shifters.
    2015 Chrysler 200C v6 FWD
    Moonroof, 19" wheels
    Chrysler bike hitch receiver

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)