3.6 liter Pentastar vs 3.2 liter Pentastar - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 3.6 liter Pentastar vs 3.2 liter Pentastar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Congrats to them!

Like a dog returning to it's vomit... Congrats on the Caddy (?)
    Yeah, loving my new to me CTS. I have a happy feeling again I never got with the 200. She was and is reliable, just not for me. Hey, I stuck with FCA on the Jeep. Its not to shabby with the 8.4 and cold weather package and premium radio !!
    2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited 3.2
    2016 Cadillac CTS 4 2.0T
    2015 200C AWD Granite crystal
    2004 Chevy Avalanche 2500 8.1L
    2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0

2. The Following User Says Thank You to white200c For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-17-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Is your wife’s Cherokee the 3.2 litre? If so how do you find the power compares to the 200c? And performance wise how does your CTS compare to the 200?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Chrysler 200S V6 AWD
    Black
    Black Leather Seats
    Panoramic sunroof
    8.4 Uconnect with Nav
    19" wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All Season Tires
    Alpine Sound System
    Paddle shifters

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lightsout190 View Post
    Is your wife’s Cherokee the 3.2 litre? If so how do you find the power compares to the 200c? And performance wise how does your CTS compare to the 200?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes its the 3.2 L. Seems more than adequate but 9th gears seems even more elusive in the Jeep than the 200. They don't even let you see what gear your in unless you switch to manual mode.

The start/stop take some getting used to. It does restart almost instantly though.

The CTS is quieter so you have to watch your speed. When you get on it and the boost kicks in, its quicker than the 200. The car is also a little lighter that the 200. I never had any problems with the 200 power output. It was more than adequate.
    Last edited by white200c; 06-18-2019 at 07:06 AM.
    2016 Cadillac CTS 4 2.0T

6. The Following User Says Thank You to white200c For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-18-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by white200c View Post
    Yes its the 3.2 L. Seems more than adequate but 9th gears seems even more elusive in the Jeep than the 200. They don't even let you see what gear your in unless you switch to manual mode.

The start/stop take some getting used to. It does restart almost instantly though.

The CTS is quieter so you have to watch your speed. When you get on it and the boost kicks in, its quicker than the 200. The car is also a little lighter that the 200. I never had any problems with the 200 power output. It was more than adequate.

Congrats on the CTS. I always liked the styling of the Caddy's, just couldn't trust their reliability.
    Nice to hear your 200 is still performing well and has been handed to your family member for continued use.
    You've been very honest with your notations on the car and the repairs you made.
    Keep checking in and let us know how the 200, and the Caddy, are doing in the stable.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fltru103 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-18-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fltru103 View Post
    Congrats on the CTS. I always liked the styling of the Caddy's, just couldn't trust their reliability.
    Nice to hear your 200 is still performing well and has been handed to your family member for continued use.
    You've been very honest with your notations on the car and the repairs you made.
    Keep checking in and let us know how the 200, and the Caddy, are doing in the stable.
    I still have the magical Olds Aurora as well. Just turned 152 K
    2016 Cadillac CTS 4 2.0T

11. The Following User Says Thank You to white200c For This Useful Post:

fltru103 (06-22-2019)

Thanks

I still have the magical Olds Aurora as well. Just turned 152 K
    Nice! I have 202K on my Dakota, still runs like a top and as strong as an Ox.

Bad call for GM to kill their best brand. Yeah I know the nuts and bolts behind it recession, bailout blah blah... still... Olds made my first... 3 cars.

Looks like FCA is going to do the same with Chrysler, right after I get on board.

Sorry to get so off topic.

3.6 > 3.2 it's the same engine but the 3.6 is larger and has more power. Cherokee weighs significantly more than the 200 and has less HP and most importantly less torque and a less flat torque band. I have driven one on the highway and that's where it's the most noticable, it passes about the same as a 4cyl 200. That's my honest take on it.

Cherokee is a nice vehicle if that's the kind of vehicle you want. Can't take a 200 off the road - without risking damage.
    Last edited by Black Knight; 06-21-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Nice! I have 202K on my Dakota, still runs like a top and as strong as an Ox.

Bad call for GM to kill their best brand. Yeah I know the nuts and bolts behind it recession, bailout blah blah... still... Olds made my first... 3 cars.

Looks like FCA is going to do the same with Chrysler, right after I get on board.

Sorry to get so off topic.

3.6 > 3.2 it's the same engine but the 3.6 is larger and has more power. Cherokee weighs significantly more than the 200 and has less HP and most importantly less torque and a less flat torque band. I have driven one on the highway and that's where it's the most noticable, it passes about the same as a 4cyl 200. That's my honest take on it.

Cherokee is a nice vehicle if that's the kind of vehicle you want. Can't take a 200 off the road - without risking damage.
    I put some miles on the Cherokee and have not noticed any lack of power. My wife is not complaining either and she mostly drove the TBSS. I didn't bother to test drive a Cherokee with the 4cyl. I had to pass a few times and never felt like I was going to die
    2016 Cadillac CTS 4 2.0T

Thanks

I put some miles on the Cherokee and have not noticed any lack of power. My wife is not complaining either and she mostly drove the TBSS. I didn't bother to test drive a Cherokee with the 4cyl. I had to pass a few times and never felt like I was going to die
    Yeah - "feelings" are relative, but I do agree it's the most important thing to the driver/owner.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...d-test-review/

Bottom line, it's more than enough power, but significantly slower than a V6 powered 200 any generation - in response to a question from the original poster, physics itself and test numbers from reviewers concur what I am saying.

I am not saying anything bad about the Cherokee or a 4cyl 200.

Thanks

While you might think the cherokee V6 feels or is on the same level as a 200 with the 2.4, that's flat out wrong. All Magazine tests have shown the V6 Cherokees to be low to mid 15 second 1/4 mile times with the 0-60 anywhere from 6.9-7.7. Can you show me a 2.4 200 that's stock that runs those times.

I'm fairly certain the 3.2 is under rated even from the factory based on the way it pulls, really the difference you feel is from the additional 600lbs or so not the engine.

I would gladly put my stock tune on and race a 200 from both a dig and a roll, it wouldn't have a chance even though it weighs 100s of pounds more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSb3LEPUklo

Tell me where a 2.4 has that kind of power up top.

For further color

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX6qJjGo8xQ

Thats a tuned trailhawk, VS me, look who starts walking away in the mid & Top end.
    2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
    AFE Intake
    MMX Ported TB
    "PUG" Ported Lower Intake Manifold
    Flowmaster Super 10
    Player3 Custom Tune (With adjusted VVT Cams)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
    While you might think the cherokee V6 feels or is on the same level as a 200 with the 2.4, that's flat out wrong. All Magazine tests have shown the V6 Cherokees to be low to mid 15 second 1/4 mile times with the 0-60 anywhere from 6.9-7.7. Can you show me a 2.4 200 that's stock that runs those times.

I'm fairly certain the 3.2 is under rated even from the factory based on the way it pulls, really the difference you feel is from the additional 600lbs or so not the engine.

I would gladly put my stock tune on and race a 200 from both a dig and a roll, it wouldn't have a chance even though it weighs 100s of pounds more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSb3LEPUklo

Tell me where a 2.4 has that kind of power up top.

For further color

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX6qJjGo8xQ

Thats a tuned trailhawk, VS me, look who starts walking away in the mid & Top end.
    It might not be underrated.........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UAbmHu-nxY

2015 Chrysler 200C v6 FWD
    Moonroof, 19" wheels
    Chrysler bike hitch receiver

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)