Used 2016 200C - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Used 2016 200C

Thanks

I have 95,000 miles and the V6 on my 13'. The only problem I had was a heater core and a/c condenser. If it didn't get cold where I live I wouldn't even have fixed the heater core. Still have original brakes. It'll definitely make 200,000 miles plus.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Utah driver For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-13-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

It's been a long while since I have posting anything on the Forum. I believe the last time my wife and I were still living in Kentucky where I purchased my 2015 200C AWD. Now we have been living in Northern Utah (Higher elevation) for over 2 1/2 years.

I have put a lot more miles on it as I am now over 85,000. I have made two trips with it back home to Michigan at about 1,600 miles each way, and two trips down to Dallas and back at about the same distance. Other various road trips including to the Grand Canyon, St. George Utah, Moab, Idaho etc.

I haven't had any other major issues with my car since the transmission fiasco most of us are well aware of. As a result of that and because FCA didn't want to admit there was an issue for so long I ended up with a Lifetime, Unlimited Miles powertrain warranty from Mopar on my car.

Now I am looking to get my transmission fluid changed. Has anyone else done this service, or had it done yet? Did it go well? I have found out the O.E. fluid is about $32 per quart! Has anyone on here used the dealership for this service, did you do it yourself or did you find a local service station that you prefer over the dealership?

I still occasionally get the hesitation after I get in, place it into gear (D or R) and it starts to go, then acts like it pulls out of gear for a second then goes back into gear and starts to move again. I am hoping it's an electronic issue and not a mechanical one with the transmission.

The problem is taking it to the dealership is going to be worthless as it doesn't do it often and they are going to claim they can't duplicate the problem. The NEVER want to try to trace the issue with the computer and read the codes.

Thanks

The transmission fluid change is non servicable. Its sealed and doesnt need too be changed...supposed too last the life of the trans. The dealer should at least re-flash the PCM w any updated software if they havent all ready, or replace the trans now that you have that sweet warranty! Good luck
    2015 200c 3.6 fwd

Magnaflow cat-back exhaust
    K&N C.A.I.
    RPM torque tube
    RPM base stage 93 octane tune
    225/50r17 Hankooks noble s2
    Amsoil 5w20
    Amsoil P.I. before oil changes
    Amsoil dominator coolant boost
    Stant 18 psi coolant cap
    Tree air freshners under seats

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sleeper200c For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-20-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by New2Chrysler2015 View Post
    It's been a long while since I have posting anything on the Forum. I believe the last time my wife and I were still living in Kentucky where I purchased my 2015 200C AWD. Now we have been living in Northern Utah (Higher elevation) for over 2 1/2 years.

I have put a lot more miles on it as I am now over 85,000. I have made two trips with it back home to Michigan at about 1,600 miles each way, and two trips down to Dallas and back at about the same distance. Other various road trips including to the Grand Canyon, St. George Utah, Moab, Idaho etc.

I haven't had any other major issues with my car since the transmission fiasco most of us are well aware of. As a result of that and because FCA didn't want to admit there was an issue for so long I ended up with a Lifetime, Unlimited Miles powertrain warranty from Mopar on my car.

Now I am looking to get my transmission fluid changed. Has anyone else done this service, or had it done yet? Did it go well? I have found out the O.E. fluid is about $32 per quart! Has anyone on here used the dealership for this service, did you do it yourself or did you find a local service station that you prefer over the dealership?

I still occasionally get the hesitation after I get in, place it into gear (D or R) and it starts to go, then acts like it pulls out of gear for a second then goes back into gear and starts to move again. I am hoping it's an electronic issue and not a mechanical one with the transmission.

The problem is taking it to the dealership is going to be worthless as it doesn't do it often and they are going to claim they can't duplicate the problem. The NEVER want to try to trace the issue with the computer and read the codes.
    If anything, you will probably create problems changing the transmission fluid. I am at 98K miles myself and had contemplated doing this, but seems to be a bad idea knowing that it wasn't designed to have a fluid change. It's not like the old cars.

Does the hesitation problem happen when the vehicle is cold - not at normal operating temp yet?

It's almost guaranteed to be a software issue - although I have to say, I have never had an issue with my transmission, my PTU however is a different story.
    Last edited by Black Knight; 06-20-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks

I have 45K miles

No issues whatsoever except AC blower because of the sound. Transmission jerking also.

Just stay away from 2015, don’t buy it. It’s considered the worst sedan vehicle of 2015 because of reliability issues.
    However, They solved most of the problems by 2016

V6 is the way to go. It’s the best engine. It has less problem than 4 cylinders

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Believerguy View Post
    I have 45K miles

No issues whatsoever except AC blower because of the sound. Transmission jerking also.

Just stay away from 2015, don’t buy it. It’s considered the worst sedan vehicle of 2015 because of reliability issues.

I'll disagree. The 2015 doesn't have reliability issues. Just some magazines claimed it did. Many posters on this forum have a 2015, including me. Many are at, or over 100K miles with no problems. Excellent car, providing all updates to the software were performed.

3.6 Pentastar is the way to go, but the 2.4 multi-air is an great choice too. I've seen 39 MPG on a road trip with ours.
    Both engines are good.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fltru103 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-21-2019), Sleeper200c (06-21-2019)

Thanks

0 Probs w my 2015.
    2015 200c 3.6 fwd

Magnaflow cat-back exhaust
    K&N C.A.I.
    RPM torque tube
    RPM base stage 93 octane tune
    225/50r17 Hankooks noble s2
    Amsoil 5w20
    Amsoil P.I. before oil changes
    Amsoil dominator coolant boost
    Stant 18 psi coolant cap
    Tree air freshners under seats

Thanks

2105's are fine. V6 or 4cyl. I picked the Pentastar cause I am not as sensible as some people and I almost need that power, but either engine is fine. In fact the 4cyl in theory should be more reliable - general rule of thumb the more heat or power an engine makes, the less durable it becomes.

2015's also have a better warranty - granted it's almost over but still, 5 years 100K miles vs. 5 years 60K miles.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    Factory tuned, RPM Torque Tube

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:

fltru103 (06-22-2019), Sleeper200c (06-21-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Believerguy View Post
    I have 45K miles

Most of the issues on the 15 has been corrected by a proper re-pograming of the transmission. Along with few recalls to correct other issues. My 15 200C v6 fwd, built in July of 14 is now working better than it did when new. I nearly have 114k miles on this and fully expect going beyond 200k miles on this car.

Half the issues I actually had in my past, were dealer created. Not fixing the original issue properly or creating new issues that were not there. But it is a first year product, it's been my mistake to always buy first year vehicles and it typically does take a year or two to fix all issues on these cars before it becomes reliable. I've had similar issues on my Mazdas, Hondas and way more so on my (80's and 90's ) GM products.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travman For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-21-2019), fltru103 (06-22-2019), Pennhaven (06-21-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by travman View Post
    Most of the issues on the 15 has been corrected by a proper re-pograming of the transmission. Along with few recalls to correct other issues. My 15 200C v6 fwd, built in July of 14 is now working better than it did when new. I nearly have 114k miles on this and fully expect going beyond 200k miles on this car.
    Exactly. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with 2015s. Mine was built in June 2014. Only issues outside of recalls, have been noisy rear shocks and premature battery failure, which were taken care of under warranty. The early issues were all fixable, and in the vast majority of cases were fixed under warranty. Just check service history before buying one, to make sure the original owner took care of recalls and any issues that did come up.
    200C AWD
    Granite Crystal / Linen
    Safety Tec, Premium, Navigation & Sound
    Premium Lighting
    Replaced OE HID bulbs with Morimoto 5,500K
    18"
    OE Bridgestone Ecopias Replaced w/ Yokohama YK580s
    Mopar All-Weather Mats, Cargo Net, Cargo Area Tray
    Reverse, Interior, Trunk and License Plate
    LED Conversion
    3M
    Color Stable Glass Tint - Visor 35%, Side & Rear 50%
    K&N Drop-in Air Filter, RPM Motorsports Torque Tube
    MGP Black Caliper Covers, TitaniumTim 200C Coasters

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pennhaven For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-21-2019), travman (06-21-2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)