Used 2016 200C
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Used 2016 200C

Thanks

Default Used 2016 200C

Hi,

I just registered for the forums because I wanted to see if i could get some questions answered from actual owners.

I just test drove a V6 2016 200C yesterday with 41k miles. I thought the car was amazing and really what I was looking for. I started digging around on the internet more and saw a lot of mixed reviews and people calling out Chrysler's reliability.

1. Have you had any major problems with your cars?
    2. Would you buy the car over?

I mainly want a car that I can buy and don't have to worry about repairs for a good year or two.

Thanks for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drunion View Post
    Hi,

I just registered for the forums because I wanted to see if i could get some questions answered from actual owners.

I just test drove a V6 2016 200C yesterday with 41k miles. I thought the car was amazing and really what I was looking for. I started digging around on the internet more and saw a lot of mixed reviews and people calling out Chrysler's reliability.

1. Have you had any major problems with your cars?
    2. Would you buy the car over?

I mainly want a car that I can buy and don't have to worry about repairs for a good year or two.

Thanks for your help!
    Welcome to the forum Drunion !
    First I suggest search though the forum to read what other owners say.
    Most will tell you the 3.6 is the best engine to get.
    The transmission issues were mostly solved by 2016. Make sure it has the updates.
    The rest are all opinions.
    Nobody can tell you that a problem won't occur.
    Check out the vehicle with a competent mechanic, and good luck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fltru103 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (06-09-2019)

Thanks

Like most newer cars Chrysler (FIAT) has had to drastically reduce the weight of their cars to meet Gov requirements for gas mileage... I have rebuilt a 2016 200s and found a lot of aluminum and plastic in areas that older cars had steel... and I replaced a lot of those light weight parts damaged from the crash... None of the newer cars will be a good as cars 5~10 years ago and will never last to become "classics" 40 years from now... I like my 200s but know it won't last over 10 years and new parts won't be available for it fairly soon... Even the top European brands like Mercedes and BMW cars are lightweight crush boxes and their drive trains are becoming short lived 4 cylinder turbo charged junk... If you want a reliable car then find a 10~15 year old car that has been babied...
    Sorry...
    Dave

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I say if you like it and want too get only a few years out of it then buy it. Car will last 100000mi plus easily w proper maintenance. Drivetrain is one of the best as far as reliability. As said earlier make sure all pcm updates and recalls have been done and you'll be good. More quirks than actual problems w this car and because it was only produced 2 yrs, as said there will be limited aftermarket and factory parts but maintenance parts are not an issue and the junk yards will provide the rest for the next 5 years or so. I plan on driving mine into the ground which I hope will be around 150000mi
    2015 200c 3.6 fwd

Magnaflow cat-back exhaust
    K&N C.A.I.
    RPM torque tube
    RPM base stage 93 octane tune
    225/50r17 Hankooks noble s2
    Amsoil 5w20
    Amsoil P.I. before oil changes
    EBC Red stuff brake pads
    Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors
    Amsoil synthetic brake fluid
    Amsoil dominator coolant boost
    Stant 18 psi coolant cap
    Tree air freshners under seats

Thanks

HiYa,

I had a 2013 Chrysler 200 with the 3.6 and purposely traded it in for a new style pre-owned 2015 Chrysler 200S with the 3.6. having 30K/miles on it. I LOVE THIS CAR! Yea, I read about the good, the bad and the ugly about this car but you have to consider the number ratio of people complaining to the actual production numbers that were built of people NOT complaining. It's like that in ALL the forums. No matter WHICH vehicle you buy. (I had a BMW 525I and was on their forum and all the complaining scared the **** outta me, making me lose confidence in the car but I had no issues with that car either....LoL) Someone is always complaining about something. As for the 200, FCA should of kept producing these instead of quitting in 2017. As for you, get a CARFAX report and also record the VIN and call a FCA dealer and have them check the service/repair history on it, especially where it was bought from. They should have some info for you. I searched specifically for a blue 200 with the 3.6 and the Alpine sound system & heated seats. (hard to find) and I love it. Also, the engine only requires "conventional" oil instead of the pricey full synthetic. I have read owners concerned about the motor running "hot" and overheating of which mine has never went past 235 degrees and I have no issues at all. (the temp. bar graph was still under the 1/2 way point at 235 degs.) As for performance, the 3.6 kicks out 295H.P. similar to a Subaru WRX. I just bought a SPECTRE performance intake kit that I'm going to install. As for bells & whistles, definitely get the 8.4 NAV screen if possible, it's awesome with the SIRIUS subscription. It shows local fuel prices, weather maps and reports, road conditions and more. The only bummer is that it's only 3G service with Bluetooth. I put over 10K miles on my car without a single problem. One thing to keep in mind is the previous owners "driving habits" whereas the transmission is/was used to the previous driver. Mine had a hard shift when I bought it and I had the transmission "reflashed" at the dealer and it now learned "my" driving habits and is much more smoother in shifting. It also handles like a fast GO-KART on steroids! Also, put it on a lift and look underneath it for leaks or damage. You should be FINE!!!! E N J O Y ! And yes, I would buy another one if I had to...….

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 62maxx For This Useful Post:

200s_Bullet (06-12-2019), Sleeper200c (06-09-2019)

Thanks

I don't know how true this is, but supposedly all automakers have to keep parts available for 10 years after they quit making certain makes and models. So that should keep us 200 owners going till 2027

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 62maxx For This Useful Post:

Sleeper200c (06-09-2019)

Thanks

I also want to point out if any parts are discontinued for the Chrysler 200, it would be body parts and interior etc... the engine and transmission live on in other FCA vehicles, all trim levels of the 200.

There is a large aftermarket for body/interior parts for cars over 10 years old. I can even find new parts for my 1998 Dodge Dakota - from CarID.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    Factory tuned, RPM Torque Tube

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:

200s_Bullet (06-12-2019), fltru103 (06-11-2019)

Thanks

I have a 2015 200 9-speed (V4). It had about 50k LESS miles compared to a Hyaundai, Kia, or Honda so I took a chance. All is OK. It is more luxury and rides quieter than my wife’s Kia. However yes the transmission does act differently.

If I could do it over, I’d take my Hyundai back. It had over 200k miles running strong. (V6) I don’t think I’ll ever go Chrysler again. There’s just a reason why you don’t see many of them compared to other realizable cars. The service Dept is worse than Kia and Honda. I found that out!

Thanks

A low mileage 2016 200 with the 3.6 engine under $15,000 is one of the best used car purchases you can make, IMO. The 16’s enjoy a depreciated value mostly based on earlier models and reported defects, yet rarely experience any more issues than most other vehicles.

Thanks

I purchased a used 2015 200c AWD about 2.5 years ago. After 70K miles, I would buy it again. The car has good power and has been great in the Michigan winters.

I have averaged about 29 mpg in my normal driving and it is not unusual for me to hit 36+ mpg on longer trips.

The only major repair was the PTU replaced under warranty at about 80K miles. Otherwise, it has been a trouble free car, with a few quirks.

As someone mentioned earlier, I would look for a car with the 8.4 radio. This is the only item I wish my car had installed.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)