Auto A/C Temperature
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auto A/C Temperature

Thanks

Default Auto A/C Temperature

Auto A/C Temperature

The outside temp in Massachusetts has been brutal lately with the heat index looking to be in the 100's for the next few days. I have mine on Auto with the temperature turned all the way down to LOW. It's blowing, but the temp isn't really cold. I took it off of auto and the temp went down and there was ice coming out of those vents! Is there any reason for the temperature difference? possibly a blend door not working? Anybody have any thoughts?
    Mike
    2015 200c

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

The internal temperature is controlled by an IR (Infra red) sensor. If it is off calibration, that would explain the difference. When you set the dial, it sets a reference voltage. If that fails it would give the same result. The two are dependent on each other. Most probable failure would be the dial setting, as it is a mechanical adjustment of a resistor.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sjrw11 For This Useful Post:

Sleeper200c (07-20-2019)

Thanks

I'm experiencing the same conditions here in RI. Car and a/c running fine. I usually have mine set 72-74. Today 76. You will get ice on a day like today w it set too lowest setting, even w your window a/c at home. Trying too get too cold with wet, saturated air going thru...turns too ice. Try setting it higher. It will blow just as cold and will taper off when it's near the set temp. It will never get too the lowest setting in this heat, just like at home. A 20 deg temp change w reduced humidity is more than refreshing w this weather. Since sunset, the humidity is horrible. It will b worse in the am until the sun starts burning some off. Good luck!
    2015 200c 3.6 fwd

Magnaflow cat-back exhaust
    K&N C.A.I.
    RPM torque tube
    RPM base stage 93 octane tune
    225/50r17 Hankooks noble s2
    Amsoil 5w20
    Amsoil P.I. before oil changes
    EBC Red stuff brake pads
    Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors
    Amsoil synthetic brake fluid
    Amsoil dominator coolant boost
    Stant 18 psi coolant cap
    Tree air freshners under seats

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sleeper200c For This Useful Post:

fltru103 (07-21-2019), mike w (07-21-2019)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)