Smoke coming out of AC vents while accelerating hard
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smoke coming out of AC vents while accelerating hard

Thanks

Default Smoke coming out of AC vents while accelerating hard

I accelerated hard to 130 mile “200” just to feel the power of the 3.6 engine then I left the paddle , I am seeing white smoke coming from AC vents .... I freaked out

Smells like burning rubber

I checked my temps , it was completely normal. I turned off the car , opened the hood there was nothing.

Can someone explains to me

Did any one accelerated their car and have experience the same ?

What is the problem ?

The model is 2016 chrysler 200

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Believerguy View Post
    I accelerated hard to 130 mile “200” just to feel the power of the 3.6 engine then I left the paddle , I am seeing white smoke coming from AC vents .... I freaked out

Smells like burning rubber
    Not sure what your first sentence says ?
    However seeing some vapor or condensation coming from your A/C vents isn't out of the ordinary. If you did accelerate to 130, with the A/C on and the recirculation control open, then it's possible the the extra heat generated by the car under full power and the humidity in the air could have caused the vapor. The smell came though the vents because the systems are designed to pull in fresh air ( unless you have the recir closed ) from the outside, which means you were smelling the fan belt, the tires and other odors from outside.
    All normal ... in my opinion. But I wasn't there.

I checked my temps , it was completely normal. I turned off the car , opened the hood there was nothing.

Can someone explains to me

Did any one accelerated their car and have experience the same ?

What is the problem ?

The model is 2016 chrysler 200
    No problem from what you described.
    If your serpentine belt has been checked and all periodic maintenance has been done, I wouldn't worry about it.
    A tip I have used.
    If your going to do a full throttle acceleration, then turn off the A/C. Some manufacturers install a cut-off switch on the system so the A/C compressor doesn't run at high RPM. Some ... not all as I couldn't possibly know what every manufacturer does. And I don't know if there is one with our cars either.
    Just an old habit from long ago.

Thanks

Again... I agree w what fitru103 said. Prob condensation or the belt from the compressor. Ive been to 130mph a few times and no prob, but w the a/c off. Might even be the clutches on the a/c. Prob not designed too handle that speed or load. So you obviously had a tune done too go 130mph, the car is speed limited too 117mph. Post your tune details here if youd like..

https://www.200forums.com/forum/50-g...-6-tuning.html
    2015 200c 3.6 fwd

Magnaflow cat-back exhaust
    K&N C.A.I.
    RPM torque tube
    RPM base stage 93 octane tune
    225/50r17 Hankooks noble s2
    Amsoil 5w20
    Amsoil P.I. before oil changes
    EBC Red stuff brake pads
    Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors
    Amsoil synthetic brake fluid
    Amsoil dominator coolant boost
    Stant 18 psi coolant cap
    Tree air freshners under seats

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)