Proposed Class Action Settlement for 9 Speed ZF 9HP Automatic transmission - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Proposed Class Action Settlement for 9 Speed ZF 9HP Automatic transmission

Thanks

I believe the prices will drop and a complete transmission, with TC is available now ( after a quick search ) for under $4000.
    Labor to remove and install shouldn't be more then $1000.
    Many dealers tend to blow smoke over availability and other costs.

https://parts.rontonkindodge.net/oem...ter-rl304305aa

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fltru103 For This Useful Post:

Pennhaven (11-25-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fltru103 View Post
    I believe the prices will drop and a complete transmission, with TC is available now ( after a quick search ) for under $4000.
    Labor to remove and install shouldn't be more then $1000.
    Many dealers tend to blow smoke over availability and other costs.

https://parts.rontonkindodge.net/oem...ter-rl304305aa
    Hmmm, wonder if my dealer did not tell me of the core charge that is refundable. That would have made this a $5800 part not including labor.
    2015 Chrysler 200C v6 FWD
    Moonroof, 19" wheels
    Chrysler bike hitch receiver

Thanks

Regardless of whether the dealer is urban or rural, or sold many 200s or few, the 200 UF is extremely similar mechanically to the far more popular Jeep Cherokee KL, which continues to sell well regardless of where a dealer is located. The two vehicles are based on the same platform, have variations of the same engines and transmission, suspension, AWD, etc. So for a dealer to act like the 200's 9-speed is some kind of exotic Euro-beast, for which they have no reason to have any experience with, is just blowing smoke. Plain and simple. I'll never understand why some dealer service personnel seem to make stuff up, instead of just dealing in facts - except, I guess, that too many of them aren't actually familiar with the facts.
    200C AWD
    Granite Crystal / Linen
    Safety Tec, Premium, Navigation & Sound
    Premium Lighting
    Replaced OE HID bulbs with Morimoto 5,500K
    18"
    OE Bridgestone Ecopias Replaced w/ Yokohama YK580s
    Mopar All-Weather Mats, Cargo Net, Cargo Area Tray
    Reverse, Interior, Trunk and License Plate
    LED Conversion
    3M
    Color Stable Glass Tint - Visor 35%, Side & Rear 50%
    K&N Drop-in Air Filter, RPM Motorsports Torque Tube
    MGP Black Caliper Covers, TitaniumTim 200C Coasters

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pennhaven For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (11-27-2018), fltru103 (11-26-2018)

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I was under the impression that FCA has already agreed to the proposed settlement and that the judge was the one who had to approve it as fair for both sides. But I could be mistaken.

So is it true that these transmissions aren't able to be worked on, only replaced? A $2000 cash payment isn't worth having to buy a $5000 payment in 3 years. If that is the case, the trade in may be worth looking into, except that FCA doesn't make any reasonable cars anymore!

I also wonder lf it's worth unloading this car now before the settlement becomes official? Will the settlement have an immediate and severe negative impact on trade-in value (outside of FCA vehicles)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llcamino View Post
    I was under the impression that FCA has already agreed to the proposed settlement and that the judge was the one who had to approve it as fair for both sides. But I could be mistaken.
    That is usually the case.

So is it true that these transmissions aren't able to be worked on, only replaced? A $2000 cash payment isn't worth having to buy a $5000 payment in 3 years. If that is the case, the trade in may be worth looking into, except that FCA doesn't make any reasonable cars anymore!
    It's not that the transmissions aren't able to be worked on, it's the lack of qualified mechanics in the field that can perform internal work on them. It's easier to buy a manufactured unit and install, complete with a replacement part warranty.
    I also wonder lf it's worth unloading this car now before the settlement becomes official? Will the settlement have an immediate and severe negative impact on trade-in value (outside of FCA vehicles)?
    Those are questions that really are speculative and can't be answered with any certainty.

Thanks

Has anyone heard any update on this class action settlement? I believe the judge was supposed to finalize it sometime mid February. Do we just send in our paperwork and assume all is set to move forward with the cash settlement?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llcamino View Post
    Has anyone heard any update on this class action settlement? I believe the judge was supposed to finalize it sometime mid February. Do we just send in our paperwork and assume all is set to move forward with the cash settlement?
    Everything you need to know is here.
    https://secure.dahladmin.com/GRANIL/Index

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fltru103 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (03-04-2019)

Thanks

52,000kms no issues yet. There are a few shifts here and there that seem harsh, but then I put kits in my old autos to make them do that so....

The 'soft' shifts in your dad's or grandad's care was the tranny slipping to make the shifts smooth. THis cut into fuel economy and transmission clutch life, so now the shifts happen much quicker, or as some people feel, harder.
    The quick, snap shift is actually easier on the transmission, and fuel economy.

As for people who feel it shifts too often... It's a 9spd, I would be disappointed if it didn't.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pbetoolman View Post
    The dealer told me years ago that this transmission is German built and that the dealer has limited access to it. Fixing it is extremely limited to external parts only.
    I was told that the 8 speed in the 300 is a German transmission and is much better then the 9 speed.
    2015 Chrysler 200S V6 AWD
    Black
    Black Leather Seats
    Panoramic sunroof
    8.4 Uconnect with Nav
    19" wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All Season Tires
    Alpine Sound System
    Paddle shifters

Thanks

Interestingly enough, I just got a service transmission message pop up the other day along with the check engine light. It went away after I turned off the car and re-started it, so I am assuming it is probably a software update. Will have to take it in.
    2015 Chrysler 200S V6 AWD
    Black
    Black Leather Seats
    Panoramic sunroof
    8.4 Uconnect with Nav
    19" wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All Season Tires
    Alpine Sound System
    Paddle shifters

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)