Proposed Class Action Settlement for 9 Speed ZF 9HP Automatic transmission
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed Class Action Settlement for 9 Speed ZF 9HP Automatic transmission

Thanks

Default Proposed Class Action Settlement for 9 Speed ZF 9HP Automatic transmission

I received the following notice today.

Proposed Class Action Settlement for 9 Speed ZF 9HP Automatic transmission-transmissionclass-action.jpg
    Last edited by SteveInMA; 11-19-2018 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Include image as .png
    2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
    Black Clear Coat
    Sound and Navigation Group 1
    Dual-Pane Panaromic Sunroof
    Yellow Gas Cap
    Mopar Moulded Mud Flaps
    Weathertech FloorLiner
    Putco Plasma LED Brake Lights
    Build Date: Jun 2015

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I only made one complaint so far, hard shift 2-3, went to the dealer, didn't bother test driving the car or anything, they did a software update, didn't change anything.
    They wanted to keep the car for 10 days to thoroughly check the transmission, can't do that, I need my car.
    2015 200C FWD, 3.6L, 8.4AN, K&N drop-in, 15% ceramic tint, Hidden Content , Philips CrystalVision Ultra (9012 & H11, 4000K), Hidden Content , 235/50-17 tires on stock 17" wheels, Hidden Content Hidden Content .

I'm done with this car, too many Hidden Content , I will get me a used Genesis G70 when my extended warranty from CarMax expires.

Thanks

I received one also, the only persons that benefit from class action lawsuits are the attorneys, but an extended warranty wold be nice to have
    2015 200c FWD
    Granite Crystal Metallic

Safety Tec, Nav and Sound Group,
    Premium Lighting Group, 19x8 Wheels
    Weather Tech Front Floor Mats

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YatBob View Post
    I received one also, the only persons that benefit from class action lawsuits are the attorneys, but an extended warranty wold be nice to have
    The warranty extension only provides one ( 1 ) extra year to the transmission coverage only.
    6 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
    Those that provide proof of complaints could receive a cash voucher or a trade-in voucher depending on the number of work orders showing the owner complained of transmission issues and were verified by the dealer.

Has no effect on us. Our car already has 85K, and we purchased the lifetime service contract.

Thanks

89K miles on mine. Zero transmission complaints. Other things have broken but not the engine or transmission.

If they have a class-action for the PTU on the same list of vehicles (a known issue) - I immediately qualify.
    "Black Knight" was my father's trucker CB handle.

2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
    Factory tuned, RPM Torque Tube

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited V6
    Lease returned 1/28/17

Thanks

Well I guess this is good news for everyone that purchased new! A little disappointing if you're the second owner like myself. To me this says that there is an inherent design flaw with the transmission. The fact that the dealership has been unable to fix my concerns, despite replacing with a rebuilt transmission solidifies that fact for me.

Thanks

I bought mine new in Apr 2015. It was built in Mar. I have had no mechanical problems either engine or transmission wise since I bought it. I'm just coming up to my 48000 Kms check. Anyway, I live in Canada so this lawsuit does not effect me.
    2015 Chrysler 200 Ltd - Built 03/15 - Vivid Blue
    Gold plan 419 ext warranty
    3.6L
    8.4A System with Nav
    Comfort Group
    Optional 18" Satin Silver Rims with 235/45/18 Tires
    Hidden Content
    Winter Rims; Hidden Content with Hidden Content . 225/50/18
    35% Tint
    Yellow gas cap
    Added Cargo Net & Hidden Content
    Replaced the Brake Lights With Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fri200 View Post
    Well I guess this is good news for everyone that purchased new! A little disappointing if you're the second owner like myself. To me this says that there is an inherent design flaw with the transmission. The fact that the dealership has been unable to fix my concerns, despite replacing with a rebuilt transmission solidifies that fact for me.
    It doesn't mean their is a "inherent design flaw" with the transmission.
    These transmissions are in millions of vehicles ( and brands ) today with the same basic design.
    Some had software or programming issues.
    Some had a faulty wiring at a connector.
    Some didn't operate like people expected a transmission to operate. ( why should it, it's completely different then any other transmission )

Like yatbob stated, the only people to benefit from class action lawsuits are the attorney's.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fltru103 For This Useful Post:

Black Knight (11-23-2018)

Thanks

I got one of those yesterday too. I don't qualify for the cash payment but the extra year of warranty on the transmission is nice since I am a little worried about it breaking. It's been mostly trouble free but earlier this year I got a "Service Transmission" message and the thing locked itself into 3rd gear and refused to change, even after several restarts. That was an "interesting" drive home but when I was going to take it in to the dealer the next morning it had fixed itself. Nice to know that if it happens again in the next 2 years I am covered by warranty.
    2015 200C AWD
    Billet Silver/Black Interior
    Nav & Sound, Premium Group, Premium Lighting, Safetytec
    Panoramic Roof
    19" Wheels

Thanks

I received one also. I went through my dealer sheets and I have 5 definite complaints for "rough shifts" and possibly 6. The last one just stated that I brought it in for TCM/PCM software updates on the dealer form. So I need clarification to see if that counts or if the dealer has more detailed info in their system for that visit. 5 is worth $800, 6+ is worth $2000.

My other concern is that I bought it using my dad's employee discount. I read somewhere that with EP you can't sue under lemon the law, but I'm hoping it doesn't exclude me from class action.

I have to weigh the cash or trade in. The fact that FCA settled for such high dollar amounts makes me think that they believe this transmission will fail after 6 years (I'll never get 100k miles in that time) and are trying to cut their losses.

My car has a periodic hard shift into 5th. When I say hard I mean it feels like you've been rear ended by a bulldozer. Sometimes its smooth as butter....sometimes it almost causes whiplash. I can't recreate it....its just completely random.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)