Misfire 2015 200 4 cyl
  1. Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chrysler 200.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chrysler 200 Forum : Chrysler 200 Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Misfire 2015 200 4 cyl

Thanks

Default Misfire 2015 200 4 cyl

We have a 2015 200 4 cyl that has about 170K miles on it. My wife is in sales. Came home missing scanned it & misfire cyl 3. Replaced the plug & the coil pack & need to do the others as well. It cleared up but started missing again. She can put fuel cleaner in it & it will clear up. Weirdest thing ever. I have tried to find a fuel filter for haven't had any luck what so ever. Beginning to wonder if Chrysler feels that the strainers in the tank on the pump is enough a filter. Any ideas or help would be appreciated on this. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

I was at the dealer a few months back and told them to replace the fuel filter. The mechanic looked at me like I had two heads and said,, sir the car does not have a fuel filter. Hope that helps. As far as a misfire your doing the same thing I would do. Plugs, coils. My vehicle has 66000 on it.

Thanks

You have 170k miles on the injectors and they are constantly in contact with gas... Your injectors DO get buildup of what looks like varnish that can block the holes in the injector's nozzles... A good cleaner for injectors that doesn't damage the fuel system is Chevron Tecron... A couple of cans over the next couple of fill ups may help... You could check the #3 injector by moving it to another location (like #2 or #4)...If the code moves with the bad injector then it needs to be cleaned or replaced... If that doesn't solve your problem(s) then I would suggest having the compression checked on all 4 cylinders as you may have low compression from the many miles.... The good thing about the 2.4L chrysler engine is there are many in the salvage yards with low mileage for under $500 and the transmissions are going for under $400... So a transplant of a "new" drive train (if needed) by a local mechanic can pump new life into your 200 for many more miles... check out "car-part.com" in your local area...
    Dave

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daves200s For This Useful Post:

Sleeper200c (04-02-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler 200 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks

Like daves200s said, prob a clogged injector or a burnt valve. If compression is ok I'd do like Dave said w the system cleaner. And w 170000mi, If you plan on running it longer, even w a replacement engine, I'd change the fuel pump assembly because it's time. Yes the screen is prob pooped up and doesn't have much life left.
    2015 200c 3.6 fwd

Magnaflow cat-back exhaust
    K&N C.A.I.
    RPM torque tube
    RPM base stage 93 octane tune
    225/50r17 Hankooks noble s2
    Amsoil 5w20
    Amsoil P.I. before oil changes
    Amsoil dominator coolant boost
    Stant 18 psi coolant cap
    Tree air freshners under seats

Thanks

My vote is a bad fuel injector.

Thanks

Are you sure you have the correct spark plug?
    The 2.4L came with either CA or Federal emissions. The CA (PZEV engine) takes platinum plugs that last 100K miles. The non-PZEV engine takes regular copper plugs that require replacement every 32K miles. My 2011 is the latter, and when I bought it at 96K miles, it had a misfire on the highway, caused by *original* copper plugs that had burned open to a gap greater than .070 inches. Changing the plug (and using the correct one), fixed it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to blincoln For This Useful Post:

Sleeper200c (04-03-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blincoln View Post
    Are you sure you have the correct spark plug?
    The 2.4L came with either CA or Federal emissions. The CA (PZEV engine) takes platinum plugs that last 100K miles. The non-PZEV engine takes regular copper plugs that require replacement every 32K miles. My 2011 is the latter, and when I bought it at 96K miles, it had a misfire on the highway, caused by *original* copper plugs that had burned open to a gap greater than .070 inches. Changing the plug (and using the correct one), fixed it.
    I could be mistaken, but the 2.4 Multi-air PZEV engine was the only 2.4 engine available in 2015 in the 200's.
    Someone putting in the wrong spark plugs is certainty a possibility.

Thanks

Had a misfires on my 2016 200 2.4, since you changed one is just change them all the, but could also be the fuel injectors

Thanks

Just about determined its a injector. I can't find any videos or anything on how to change the injectors. Also When you go to Advance or O'reilly's websites they show 2 different motors for the 2.4 & I can't for the life of me figure out which one is which by our VIN#. How do you determine which one it is or if it is a PZEV car? No one seems to stock any parts for these things hardly. Only parts store locally that stocks any of the coil packs is Oreillys & they usually only have 1 & no one around here stocks injectors. Thanks again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sswain View Post
    Just about determined its a injector. I can't find any videos or anything on how to change the injectors. Also When you go to Advance or O'reilly's websites they show 2 different motors for the 2.4 & I can't for the life of me figure out which one is which by our VIN#. How do you determine which one it is or if it is a PZEV car? No one seems to stock any parts for these things hardly. Only parts store locally that stocks any of the coil packs is Oreillys & they usually only have 1 & no one around here stocks injectors. Thanks again
    Unless your vehicle was in an accident and under-hood area was affected, then you have a white sticker, someplace in the engine compartment, that identifies your engine.
    For the injectors, try Rock Auto. They have several brands to choose from and they ship quickly.
    One of our site sponsors, Carid, also lists fuel injectors on their web site.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

List your make, model & engine spec

Please select your insurance company (Optional)